Extra Records in the Consolidation workbench
I am a first time user to use SEM-BCS. I am very naïve and have limited knowledge on BCS, so my sincere apologies If I am not describing correctly.
I got a message from a user saying that she was unable to see all the fields and there were some extra records that were getting populated when the consolidation system was run in the BCS.
I replicated the issue how she did that and where see sees the incorrect records.
1) Ran /nUCWB to check the records in the consolidation work bench.
2) Filter on version - 200 ( management consolidation)
3) Select period 03 , FY year 2016, F.var: - K4 and run the program.
4) Process Views>Analysis>List Data>Total Records.
5) know my line Item which Shows incorrect values.
Development displays one record for the line item which has the value 92720699-
How ever if I check the same in production it has 3 records with the same value for the same cost center and same line item.
How ever it has one extra record with a different profit center group and
one extra record with all the dimension members as null for the same company code and Line Item.
We are doing a direct transport to the Production system and running the consolidation again.
We did the data collection in the production system, , there was a Data collection issue, A category Breakdown where the Product group was incorrectly mentioned. we had run the data collection after the issue was fixed and the line item was assigned to the correct company code.
Here's what I have tried so far:
1) Tried to see if I can delete the records by using the delete method.
Process View > Consolidation Functions > Data Collection > Delete (Method).
Under the Method, There is no method defined. Tried to click on create and create a method. A method gets created. when double clicked on the method, gives a message as First , specify the key of the Value. ( Not sure how to create /Add that).
2) Tried option 2. Went to the BW cube. selected the two extra records and did a selective delete from the cube. Tried removing the request ID which has two extra records.
Cleaned and re ran the consolidation and that appeared in again.
Not able to understand what is the setting that is creating this extra records.
Running out of Ideas.
I am attaching screenshot. which shows difference between the DEV and the production and why there are extra records coming. Hope this makes some sense.
Thanks and Regards,