cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender JDBC adapter challenge..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have unique situation where PI needs to pull millions of records from SQL Server.

Due to Internal constraint, the host of DB server would not allow PI to update any data so i cannot use the update

statement to mark, records which are processed.

I have asked them to built the update statement in Stored procedure, which also is partly approved.

Currently we have query which fetches X no of records ( fixed) out of Y ( total no of records) and every time PI channels is called next set of

X no of records come to PI. In the next polling, next set,next  X records will come, till the end of records is achieved.

However, once the end of record is achieved, PI should be smart enough not to start from the Top again and do not poll the records again

without any help from SQL statement & update.

Can someone advice, if this is possible in PI 7.1 and how to achieve this .

Thanks for your time!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Techie,

First of all, SAP PI is not thought to do migrations of the entire tables with the JDBC adapter. There are tools in the databases to do export/imports. SAP PI is though do SQL operations in the day a day work.

Like you are in PI 7.1, you can do the control in an ABAP program and to a http-jdbc scenario (or to use a proxy if you have an ECC involved). With the ABAP program you will can take delimited n registers and to check duplicates, etc.

Regards.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no direct way to achieve this using plain JDBC Adapter.

You would need to build a Stateful Orchestration using a BPM / ccBPM where rather than use a sender JDBC Adapter you would use a Receiver JDBC Adapter to pull the data. Once the end of the data capture is complete, the scenario ends.

I assume that the next time this Interface using a ccBPM is triggered, the data would be fresh set of data. The trigger for this Interface can be a external trigger or scheduled filed based trigger.

Regards

Bhavesh