Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Complex Ranking/Top N% problem

I have a fairly complex scenario that we need to present on a dashboard.

We need to be able to visualize the following. The data will be sourced from a BEx query, where we will have a vendor and spend available. My first challenge is getting the spend broken down into top 5%/Other. Making it even more unique is that the definition of top 5% is based on vendor count, not by spend. So using a top N condition in a reference query won't help (I don't think).

The sample data below highlights what we're trying to accomplish.

I'm looking for options here to be able to deliver the above result. We have the ability to create one or more BEx queries if that would help.

Some options we've considered:

1. Create a custom datasource and derive the values in script.

2. I don't think that Former Member Former Member topics on this will satisfy the requirement because of the complex way that we want to derive top N.

I'm still new to design studio, so I may be overcomplicating this. Ideally we'd be able to change the data in the datasource (we could include some dummy KF's in a BEx query), so that way we could bind that data to any control, but I'm not completely tied to that. I'm looking to understand how others might approach this in terms of visualization. For example, can we create a table control and populate that via script without modifying the datasource contents (which I don't think I can do).

Feel free to point me to similar links to review (although I promise, I have searched ).

Tags:
Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question