cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LI20 report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

I would like to know if there is standard report to extract LI20 transaction information.

We have automatic cycle count procedure with tolerance limit. when user reach his/her tolerance limit, user inform next level to post inventory difference in LI21 transaction manually. 

User with authorization (to post difference in LI21) is not able to see the value of material when they manually execute LI21 transaction.

I would like to generate report to capture the information from LI20 transaction. User can view the material and value information before they execute LI21 transaction manually to post inventory difference. 

Thank you very much for help

Neal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm not aware of any report that gives this information. You might have to look at a custom report or query.

Cheers

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Do you know which table hold that information?

LINV table does not provide value difference

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the value difference is determined when you post to MM, it takes the price from MBEW in case of normal warehouse stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

Thank you.

I am aware about MBEW table. The problem is that we manage our material in batches and each batch has different price. so it is hard to create query with LINV and MBEW table to fulfill the user requirement.

User would like to see value difference before they carryout LI21 transaction. We used scanner to carryout cycle count (both LI20 and LI21 run in background) user will not see any transaction on scanner.

The problem arise when user reach his tolerance limit and he can't continue cycle count with scanner, tolerance limit is setup at inventory level, to clear difference user need to execute LI21 and select the lineitem with inventory number that has issues with tolerance limit.

User liked to know the value/amount difference for that inventory before they make posting.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not in a system currently (@ home with a torn muscle fibre)  and we do not use any value approval, can you brief describe where you have setup these tolerances  for inventory postings?

Are these the MM tolerances that are used?  What error message does the user get if he reaches his tolerance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

We are using MM tolerance. When user reach tolerance limit, user gets following message

IT's standard SAP error. When they receive this error they inform their superior with inventory number and superior can post Inventory posting with LI21 transaction but they would like to see the amount difference they are posting.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does the LI20 background job not create a spool with the values?

Has there ever been a case that the difference was not posted finally?

Just for simplification, if it was always posted, then it should be okay to pull such list after the fact with MB51.

If this is not accepted then you have to go the hard way and develop an ABAP that reads the values from MBEW and other valuation segments like EBEW and QBEW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

Do you know if there is any user exist available for LI21 transaction?

The other possible solution to add value column to LI21 transaction. user can view both qty and value under this transaction along with Physical inventory number.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can't tell it, I leave it to the ABAPers to search for suitable exits.