cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Export a report to Excel format from Internet Explorer but works in Chrome

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been seeing this issue for past couple of days. We have a webi report that has almost 450 pages, when we export it to Excel by using the option ( Save to My Computer As --> Excel 2007) after some time it throws a error message "Internal Error: Missing sEntry paramter.( Error: INF)" from Internet Explorer.

When we try the same report from Google Chrome it works,report is 50 MB in size when saved to Excel 2007. Not sure why this problem occurs only in Internet Explorer..

We are on 4.1 SP5 patch 6 and IE version is 11 and Google Chrome version is 49.0.2623.112 m

Regards,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

BillW
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Have you tried xlsx rather than xls version of excel?

Maybe you're hitting a limitation. Just a thought.

Later,

BW

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Yes,I have been trying for Excel 2007 option only..

Regards,

Anil Saribala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

It seems like IE is getting timed out before the request is getting processed completely.

Could you try following steps and check if it works:

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
  2. Locate and then click the following key in the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\InternetSettings

3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.

4. Type KeepAliveTimeout, and then press ENTER.

5. On the Edit menu, click Modify.

6. Type the appropriate time-out value (in milliseconds), and then click OK. For example, to set the time-out value to two minutes, type 120000.

7. Restart Internet Explorer.

NOTE: It is always recommended to take backup of registry before making any changes.

Try and check if it works.

Regards,

Yuvraj

0 Kudos

Hi Yuvraj,

No luck i have tried your suggestions still seeing the same error message.Added DWORD value for  60 mins in Heaxdecimal format which didn't helped.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

Could you please try it from Rich Client and share your observation?

Regards

Niraj

0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

My user's ( Most of them) doesn't have access to Rich Client, they want this to function from launchpad only..