Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approach on Migration of ABAP tables in SAP PI 7.1 to SAP PO 7.4

sri_reddy10
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our project is to migrate the already existing SAP PI 7.1 system to SAP PO 7.4 .

We have to migrate all the existing interfaces to the new version,

For few of the interfaces ,we have used referential Database tables in RFC look UP.

And these tables are maintained in ABAP stack of PI.

Now as SAP PO 7.4 is Java Stack Only,need to find an approach to migrate these tables to PO.

Need your inputs on this.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Sri.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri Reddy,

Do you want to migrate the to the JAVA stack's db schema?, you know that you won't use the RFC lookup and you would need a jdbc lookup, are you sure you want this information stored in a db?

Are you talking about a great quantity of data, there are another types of value mapping: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00ee347e-aabb-2a10-b298-d15a1ebf4...

Depending the business infrastructure you could use an ECC dictionary or another third database, have you considered this option?

Regards.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sri,

Move the Tables to ECC,Usualy ABAP tables will be maintained in ECC right?Why in PI?

Inaki I am correct here?

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

I think Sri has these tables to do a value mappings (for example a business conversion codes between systems), if Sri has for example N ECC systems and one PI, which ECC system should use to have this information?. I think the solution depends about the business infrastructure that the Sri had available.

Regards.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay Inaki.

Guess Value mapping should not be a problem.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahuraman,

Sri is using a RFC, we don't know if Sri has ABAP treatment about the data or if the table has hundred or more registers, then to do a value mapping in the ID will not be the solution, i think.

Regards.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fine Inaki.Let him give us more details on this.

sri_reddy10
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Inaki,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, i need to migrate to JAVA stack .Also the data present is ABAP DB tables is of large quantity so using Value mapping would impact the performance.