cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode Printing using SAP Script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I Created a SAP Script to print the invoice with Bar code. I am using oki data dot matrix printer. when i gave a print  the invoice is printing without bar code. but in print preview the bar code is appearing. i am using code 39(created a custom one using new bar code technology) bar code. Then i done some changes which are suggested in scn like created a custom device type(oki341 and EPESCP9) and  the bar code which i am using is attached to that  device type(configure printer bar codes) and assigned the print controls to that device type. but the result is same the bar code is not printing. i talked to oki technical team they said the printer is supported to print bar codes. Any one knows about this please suggest me what am i missing in this process. 

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu,

Device Type EPESCP9 uses the STN2 driver, which unfortunately can not really handle images.

This is a problem in the case of the New Barcode Technology, because it creates images of barcodes, and these images will be sent to the printer for printout.

A similar description can be read in SAP Note #19807 - "SAPscript print problems with standard driver STN2". Although not exactly the same scenario is described in this Note, the main point is that EPESCP9 might not print barcodes from the New Barcode Technology.

If the printer is connected to a Windows printing environment (with Access Method G or Access Method S), test the SAPWIN or SWINCF Device Types.

As these Device Types address the Windows printer drivers of the printers, they should correctly handle the images of the barcodes.

Best regards,

Laszlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laszlo,

Thanks for ur reply. i will try with SAPWIN device type with those access methods and try to print and share the result what i get.

Answers (0)