cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Forecast in MD63 , Requirement Date in MD04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently the forecast in MD63 is uploaded either in weeks(W) or months(M). And when I look at MD04, I can see that requirement date for that particular VSF is coming by default as 1st date of the week or 1st date of the month based on how forecast is entered in MD63 (whether in W or in M)

Where is the setting that by default it takes 1st day of the week\month as the requirement date. My requirement is to have last day of the week and last day of the month as requirement date.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

When you say it would lead to problems related to consumption, reduction of PIRs etc. Can you share an example what kind of issue it may lead to.

Also in my case the settings are as :

+ Define distribution function / OPB2

dur 100*%   /  PerReq 100% - S20 %Dur 100 and %Req 100

+ Define distribution Strategy - Plant, Dist (GLEI), Function - S20, Type - 01

+ Create automatic split (0001), No. Wks (8), Dist W (GLEI). Dist M (Blank)

However I am not much familiar how this impacts the Demand Management.Do you have any document\Link that explains these settings better.

Thanks

Mugs

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The most common issue is that the transference of PIRs considers the first day of the period as the default date for transference. If you place the PIRs on another date, you may end up with duplicated quantities.

I have never tested this scenario by myself, so I don't know exactly which kind of other problems may happen, but I have already discussed it with the PP-MP-DEM architect and he do not recommend to place PIRs on another dates at all.

See this link for documentation about this scenario:

BR
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Caetano ! I will check this.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

It is a basic design pre-requisite that the PIRs are on the first day of the period. This is necessary for the proper PIR consumption reduction and changing that may lead to problems on the consumption, reduction or PIR transfer. There is no option to change that on the standard system neither I would recommend any change on this system behavior to avoid problems.

See my answer on the thread SOP transfer Demand Management last day of the ... | SCN

Regards
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

Can you please help!..

Regards