cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver 7.5 upgrade from 7.1

0 Kudos

Hello All,

This is my first upgrade of SAP system and please excuse if questions are silly.

Currently I have downloaded following Packages and and have set up the SUM on the host.

After first few steps in SUM its asking about the download directory in SELECT TARGET SYSTEM version step.

I dont have Solution manager and intend to Prepare the download directory Manually. I want to know what all do I need to put in download directory to proceed.

Is there any detailed Guide to explain this.

I am currently following NW Update Guide using SUM but that does not list in detail.

Thanks

Rupesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh.

You can use the SAP Maintenance Planner to select the source and target version along with Stack file. refer the SCN link

BR

SS

0 Kudos

Thanks Sriram,

We currently dont have Solution Manager, does Maintenance planner work without solution manager?

Thanks

Rupesh

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh.

Yes, you can use the Maintenance planner without Solution manager (Require SAP S-user id). Kindly check the SAP link

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjcze-bu4vM...

BR

SS

0 Kudos

Thanks Sriram,

I have successfully created the Stack XML now, can you also please explain what to put in download directory along with Stack XML. As mentioned in my original post, I have downloaded the Upgrade Files from market place and also I have unpacked them. I now I have a folder 51050576 containing extraction from various RAR files.

Many Thanks

Rupesh

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh.

Yes, Download the upgrade files along with stack. before starting the upgrade kindly go thru SAP Upgrade guide based on your OS / DB & SAP version. check the pre and post upgrade tasks.

refer the SAP link Upgrade guide SAP NetWeaver Guide Finder

BR

SS

Answers (0)