cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free of charge AP Reserve Invoice - Document status closed but rows still open!?

Andre_S
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need your help to determine if this is as designed or a bug in our Business One 9.1 PL11.

For free of charge AP Reserve Invoices the document status in B1 is showing as "Paid" and on table level the DocStatus shows C.

We're using the AP Reserve Invoice process for imports that have a long transit time because of sea freight etc. Means Purchase Order -> AP Reserve Invoice -> Goods Receipt PO. Recently I noticed that free of charge deliveries do not appear in our in transit reports and are also not showing up in our barcode scanner solution for upcoming goods receipts.

Problem is that our queries are checking for Docstatus O on header level. This works as long as there is a value in the invoice. When the total is zero then B1 sets the invoice to paid (what is ok) but is sets the docstatus also to closed (what is wrong in my opinion). It gets really strange because the row status is still open.

Is it as designed or is it a bug?

How can I easily determine if an AP Reserve Invoice is still open besides checking all row status separately in my queries?

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agustin_marcoscividanes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

the reserve invoice will be closed when you copy the full document to goods receipt.

I think you have to check the open quantity in each row.

Kind regards

Agustín Marcos Cividanes

Andre_S
Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually this is the problem, there is no goods receipt so far but document header status is closed.

That's why also our barcode scanner is struggeling to post the goods receipt because it checks for document status.

agustin_marcoscividanes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

when a document has 0.00$ as total, it will closed automatically.

Kind regards

Agustín Marcos Cividanes

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi André,

You need to change your query to not look for DocumentStatus, but as Agustin said, to look for the Open Quantity in the Reserve Invoice rows.

Regards,

Johan

Andre_S
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok thanks for your feedback & help, I will try to update my queries accordingly.

However I always thought that header status can only change to closed once all rows have been closed. Means in this case because we have switched the process steps, once all rows have been received in full quantity.

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi André,

A sales order is closed once it is fulfilled from a quantity perspective. An invoice however is closed once its complete monetary value is payed and/or credited.

Thus, as Agustin said, if the total value is zero, then there is no value to pay and/or credit, and therefore it closes automatically.

Regards,

Johan

Answers (0)