cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard cost change without material revaluation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My client has a request and all I could find was that it is not possible in SAP. So, if anybody has a different idea would be more than welcome.

The scenario is: finished goods are valuated at standard price. Once or twice a year, my client does standard cost calculation, marks and release the costs. Since he has the finished goods in stock, they are all reevaluated at the new standard cost. From a business point off view this is not correct, since the finished goods in stock were produced even an year ago, when the material price was different, the energy cost , the labor etc were different than the ones in the new cost estimate. The request from my client is that only the new produced finished goods should have the new calculated standard price, without reevaluating the existing finished goods from stock. I would like to mention that for finished goods they are using lots.

Regards,

Lavinia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zara

That is not possible.

When you change your Std cost, it revaluates all the existing Stock on hand and posts revaluation. You cant avoid this

Std cost is a basis for Inventory Valuation. So, if you are changing the basis, it impacts all existing stock

You can track the Postings made by Std cost updates, using CKMPCD transaction and post a manual correction JV to reverse the impact. Thats the only way out

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ajay!

Do you mean a manual correction in FI? In this case, the finished good would have the same value (revaluated), right? And when the product is sold, the VPRS would have the revaluated value, and a new manual FI posting would be necessary. Please correct me if my understanding is not correct.

I would like to add that at this moment my client is making manual corrections in FI, which they are trying to get rid off because it doesn't assure traceability,

Regards,

Lavinia

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree Zara...

Its very cumbersome and tedious.

But let me tell you that all companies on SAP manage it this way. (They accept the Inventory Revaluation)

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again, Ajay!

Answers (0)