Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XSD for my DT in strange order?

former_member233999
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm not sure if this is normal but I've created a new set of dt's for a new interface (CSV file to Proxy) and when looking at the complex type XSD the order of which the data appears in the xsd doesn't relate to how it looks on screen, as per the below screen shots...

The sample CSV is :

And the field names are:

Does my original XSD look correct and is it supposed to display in that order. I would have thought that it would be ordered as follows:

NonPoInv

Header
GL
TAX

Thanks for your time..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello George,

In your 3rd  screen shot, there is a <xsd:complexType>.

Basically, this ComplexType should typically define the structure of your root note : NonPoInv with the corresponding elements and their types. As the screen shot is not complete I cant confirm the same.

What you see in screen shot#1 is just definitions and the order here has no sequence. The Order within the ComplexType is what is of importance.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Just to add the previous comments.

The xsd:complexType or xsd:SimpleType you can see it like the subroutines in a program, their order definition?, it doesn't matter because they are definitions. As Bhavhes said the important matter is in the definition of the root node element, you are setting there the order, like you main program.

Also inside the complexTypes you can use another complexTypes, you can imagine subroutines that use another subroutines.

Also you are using xsd:sequence, that implies an order inside the respective structure, however if you had used xsd:all, the order had not been required (XML Schema Indicators).

Regards

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello George,

Guess you created structure as per the Mapping sheet ,So it should be fine.

And in the XSD under NonPoInv complex type the header ,GL and TAX fields are present ,So seems nothing wrong in the XSD.