cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Catalog = Procurement Catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Gurus,

Whenever I create a Master Catalog it is becoming as Master Catalog ( Procurement Catalog).

In the first screen dropdown, in Edit catalogs, if I select the Procurement Catalog, then my Master Catalog is also being shown.

I want to know whether our master catalog is also considered as procurment catalog only.

I have other procurement catalogs available in our system.

We are working in SRM 4.0 and CCM 2.0 version.

Reg.,

Sridhar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, the master catalog is a procurement catalog. Meaning you can also use it to find products, select from it and use those in your shopping cart. However you can only have one master in which you store all the products from the supplier catalogs (when these have been mapped).

It is a choice you have to make whether you want to use just the master catalog (and its category structure) or employ several procurement catalogs besides the master (in which you can have another structure).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

You can use the Master Catalog as procurement catalog.

The editing of Procurement catalog is not possible directly as it is mapped from the Master Catalog.

Supplier catalog is mapped to Master Catalog and Master Catalog is mapped to Procurement catalog.

We use Master catalog and procurement catalog for procuring items using catalog.

Hope this answers your query.

Rgds,

Teja

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Master Catalog is a procurement catalog, it differs very little from any other procurement catalog in the system, one main difference is probably related to mapping, i.e. that in the procurement catalog you define mapping 'From', in the Master catalog you define no mappings as it is the central repository, i.e. data is either mapped into or from it, none of these definitions are ever processed in the Master though only in the Supplier/Contract/Extracted or Procurement catalogs.

If you change the name of this Master Catalog in customizing it will render the 'Old' master catalog as a Procurement catalog in your system so you will see what appears sometimes to be two masters!!

Regards,

Jason