cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity Levelling at activity level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to check capacity of my internal activity for which I have assigned workcentre on that activity.Formula which I'm using capacity is 'SAP008' After assign hours to activity, when I run 'CM05' report for Overload and 'CM01' for Load, I'm not getting desired result as I have assigned assign many hours beyond available hours.

Below is the screen shot of workcentre and others:

For capacity check on network:

Hour assigned on activity

After scheduling when I run 'CM05' capacity overload, I got this error message

I have also run 'CM01' Capacity Load report so it's showing me only operating hours.

So kindly guide me where I'm missing to get desire result.

Regards,

Faizan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone answer my question?

Regards,

Faizan

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello

Few check points from my side

1. Check in SPRO in scheduling parameter for the order type , whether you have checked the capacity check box "Generate capacity requirement"
  2. Check in WC in scheduling tab , the formula has been assigned and the control key assigned to routing has checked for capacity requirements.
  3. In project planning board ,  select edit -> Functions->Activate capacities
  4. Also , make sure that the amount of required work is  specified  (not the duration).It should be directly below the WC. The formula specified in WC creation /change will create capacity requirements and the work gets distributed as per the formula.

Do let us know the status of issue.

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

I have check points which you have highlighted:

• Check in SPRO in scheduling parameter for the order type , whether you have checked the capacity check box "Generate capacity requirement"
    • In control key of network, 'Determine capacity requirement' check is enable.

• Check in WC in scheduling tab , the formula has been assigned and the control key assigned to routing has checked for capacity requirements.
    • For PS WC scheduliing tab, there isn't any formula for work centre category '0006'. 

• In project planning board ,  select edit -> Functions->Activate capacities
    • Already activated but still no effect getting same message.

• Also , make sure that the amount of required work is  specified  (not the duration).It should be directly below the WC. The formula specified in WC creation /change will create capacity requirements and the work gets distributed as per the formula.
    • I have assigned work specified and on the basis of that work, duration is calculated automatically by selecting calculation key 'Calculate duration'.

So after doing that, still I'm not able to view result in 'CM05' report.

Regards,

Faizan

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

Can you please check at the network header level for these activities if capacity planning is checked or not?

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar,

are you saying below screen on which I have already check 'Capacity'. If no than please tell me which screen you are referring to by sharing screen shot.

Regards,

Faizan

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

No this is control Key. This setting is fine. In CJ20n on your network can you check for capacity requirement indicator is checked or not..

Sorry i am not in front of the system, else would have sent you a screen shot.. Hope now you will be able to locate it..

Cheer

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar,

can you please review on my initial post on which I have already shared screen shot on which 'Capacity Requirement' is already checked.

Regards,

Faizan

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Sorry Faizan,

I missed that screenshot.. Would be able to run CM05 by giving the order/Network number in selection criterion?

Also check the profile being used in CM05 for processing..

Your settings are fine..

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar,

I have tried to run 'CM05' by giving order/network number still getting same error;

''There are no capacity requirements for the current selection and settings''

Can you please explain what do you mean by profile used for 'CM05'?

Regards,

Faizan

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

It is the plan profile you can check it from the Menu Planning->>Profiles..

Also can you check the time duration being used while checking the cap. requirements for the WC.