Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset not picked up in AFAB

former_member565124
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

When we run tcode AFAB, several assets were not picked up hence depreciation was not posted. Based from the useful life, remaining useful life, depreciation key (straight line) and the current NBV of asset, it should continue to be depreciated. One thing we noticed for those assets that were not picked up was in FY 2016, all the values under Planned Values (AW01N) like NBV are all blank. Also, the expired useful life of asset was reset to zero in FY 2016 although the expired useful life in FY 2015 is 1yr and 08 months (useful life is 10 yrs). The remaining useful in FY2016 should reflect as 8yrs and 4months but instead its 10 years. We just though that this maybe the reason.

Any known reasons why this happen and any possible solution for this?

Thanks!

Jack

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member205041
Active Contributor

Hello Jack,

1) At first I might ask you to check in AW01N. Du you get a error message here? Is here a posted or planned depreciation shown, If you go to the tab "posted values", do you se any lines below in "depreciation Posted/Planned?  If there is no error and no depreciation planned, please check the depreciation key.

2) Have you got a error in AFABN? (You can check also in SCMO)

3) What happens if you run AFABN with this single asset only?

4) Which posting sign do you have in OADB

5) Please also check the depr. Start, useful life and in the depreciation key the "treatment of end of useful life". If the useful life is over and you set "Dep. after end of plnd. life end: No" there will be no depr. calculated.  

regards Bernhard

former_member565124
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is answered. AJRW can only process up to 1000 assets only.

Thanks!

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not true.  All of the asset periodic programs process the entire subledger.  It would be a major shortcoming if, for some reason, it only made changes to 1,000 assets.

former_member188063
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's the case only if you're processing it in foreground.

former_member188063
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think, you just need to take the Asset which was depreciated and the one which was not picked up in AFAB and compare them both. By doing that, you should be able to find what's missing for the Asset which is not being picked up.

Regards,

Sudhakar*

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cann you do AFAR once and see the result?

former_member565124
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I tried executing AFAR but no data was picked up. Also, I checked the change log for asset and it wasn't shutdown nor deactivated/retired.

I also tried limiting the selection of AFAB to assets that are not picked up and here's the message I've got "No data was found that agrees with the selection made".

Any inputs please?

Thanks.

former_member351125
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you give the screenshot of posted values and parameters tab from AW01n of the asset with issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to me can you just check whether any changes are done in the asset master for the assets which are not picked for depreciation. Also please check whether the shut down is done for that assets or not. Kindly also try to enter 1-3 assets which are not depreciating and execute the AFAB T-Code for that assets only in the test run to check what is the message system is displaying.

Regards,

Malhar.