Releasing an activity in NWDI with the latest .ear deployed already
We are using EP version 7.0. Previously we used NWDI to move our Web Dynpro Java transports. However, we have encountered an error where we released and transported one activity to QAS and subsequently to PRD, while there is another pending activity for one other application. According to SAP, once we move an activity, the whole SDA will be moved as well so if there are pending changes (even if these are not Checked In), those will be transported as well. As a workaround, we deployed the .ear files instead.
Here's a sample scenario:
1. There are 2 development components: LeaveForms and FinanceReports
2. I have created activities LeaveAct1 and FinanceAct1 in NWDI.
3. The .ear file for LeaveForms was deployed in QAS then subsequently to PRD without checking in/releasing any activity
4. Another .ear file for FinanceReports was deployed to QAS then to PRD.
5. Latest application versions for LeaveForms & FinanceReports are now in PRD, while LeaveAct1 and FinanceAct1 are still not checked in
Now we want to check in all the activities as there are no more pending changes. Once we check in and release all the activities, which application version would be moved? Would it be the latest .ear version? Please confirm if this is correct or if you can suggest anything, it would be very much appreciated.
Thanks and regards,