cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Database Backup Failure: CX_SQL_EXCEPTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have been running S/4 HANA on premise edition 1503 since January this year. Today, I found our scheduled weekly db13 backup failed with the following exception:

Job Started

Step 001 started (program RSDBAJOB, variant &0000000025, user ID itadmin)

:Exception CX_DBA_ADBC in class CL_HDN_ADBC methodGet_HOST_INFORMATION

:line 69

:     Kernel Error ID:

:      WP ID: 16

:      WP PID: 7872

:      Application Server: SAPD03

:      SYSID: D03

:      SY_SUBRC: 1208

:      Message: ADBC error

: SQL Statement: SELECT host, key, value from sys.m_host_information where host NOT IN (SELECT

: distinct(host)  FROM SYS.M_SERVICES where coordinator_type = 'STANDBY')

: Database: D03

:caused by

:Exception CX_SQL_EXCEPTION in class CL_SQL_CONNECTION

:Kernel Error ID:

:  DB Error: Yes

:  SQL Code: 414

: SQL Message: user is forcedto change password: alter password required for user ABC

The details are in attached file. May I know how to resolve this?

Thank you.

regards,

zl

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

as the message says in your system the "force first password change option" is active and your user used for the connection has not changed the initial password yet. So either logon with the user and change the users password + update of the backup config user settings if necessary or disable the "force first password change" option for the specific technical user. For the second option execute ALTER USER <user_name> PASSWORD <password> NO FORCE_FIRST_PASSWORD_CHANGE with a user which has the necessary privileges.

Regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have set the "force first password change" to false. the user has left and I don't know the original password. May I know how to change the backup config setting so that it's using my userid instead of the user who has left?

Hope to have some guidelines.

Thank you.

regards,

zl

adrian_dorn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

the DB user (and it's password) for DB13  / DBACOCKPIT is stored in table DBCON. You can edit this table with transaction DBCO and enter another DB user (plus the password of this DB user).

Regards, Adrian