Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can CTS transport parts of a package in SPS8 or 10

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

Up until now we have handled moving content through the landscape by Delivery Unit and Developer Mode.  All of our content is organized by functional area and unfortunately what happens frequently is we could be working on multiple views in the same package and one is ready to be promoted to staging and production however the others are not ready.  In these cases we use developer mode to move just the views that are ready. 

Now we are looking at implementing CTS in our current SPS8 landscape OR we may upgrade to SPS10 first and then implement CTS.  My question is can either of these versions of CTS support transporting a partial package?  ie: just 1 of 10 existing views for example in a single package.  I've read lots of old posts that say the CTS transport is tied to delivery unit which is tied to entire package.  I'm hoping something has changed in more recent releases?

Thanks!

-Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

already with SPS08 it was/is possible to transport specific objects recorded by "Changes" via CTS+. Check the (old) document and the chapter regarding Change Recording in the HANA Developer Guide.

Best Regards,

Florian

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Excellent!  This is exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks!

-Patrick

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Florian, do you know if CTS will also handle table transports including data in the tables?

Thanks!

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Table definitions of course. Table content not in HANA scenarios according to my knowledge. If you define a hdbti (and provide the csv) you could transport the data, but only for config settings for sample data.

Answers (0)