Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing data from excel in shared path in WEBI

former_member190722
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to import data from a excel file which is placed in a shared folder(eg: \\Computername\ABC.xls  ) and not in my local computer using WEBI client.

I do not see any option under Excel as datasource to enter the shared folder location.

I can find only the below options.

Please let me know how i do i enter the shared folder location in WEBI client.

The intention of importing data from shared path is to create the report and save it in repository so that anyone who has access to shared folder can refresh the report.

Regds,

Samson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samson,

Did you try entering the filename as \\Servername\ShareFolder\Filename.xlsx? If not, try to Map Network Drive first so that Drive shows up as one of the drives on your machine. But, if you do it that way, you'll have to make sure that the Drive letter used on your machine to map that shared drive should be the same letter with which you'll have to map that network drive on the BO Server.

Update, even better: Try the below blog, it says exactly what I said about how to enter the filename if its on a Shared drive.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Mahboob Mohammed

former_member190722
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahboob,

Thanks for the reply.

I followed the steps in the link that you shared ie, entering network share name in the File Name box and it worked perfect.

Thanks a lot

Regds,

Samson

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

you can find a simple solution for using excel as datasource for webi here

Hope that helps

Andreas