cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Archived Sales Orders to Q1 Customer Complaints

0 Kudos

Hello all,

Is there a standard SAP solution for accessing archived sales order data to copy in master data from the order in a QM Customer
Notifications using QM01/QM02?

I have read several notes that suggest that SAP delivers functionality to access an archived sales order via VA03 using a archive
infostructures, which then are built into the standard SAP transaction programs. Is there something similar available for QM01/02 as it
pertains to archived sales order linking?

To recreate the scenario, Execute QM01 and enter a sales order that has been archived into the popup box. You will get the following error message if the order was archived.

"Entry XXXXXXXXX does not exist in VBUK (check
entry)"

For legal reasons we are now archiving our sales orders at a much earlier time frame. So if we have a complaint come in that is tied to a sales order that is older than 2 years, the business is unable to link.

Appreciate any help or advice!

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for putting this question!!

Well let me first admit that right now I am running short of clues to share with you in order to help you find the most appropriate answer.  But can suggest some workarounds, in case if they can be of any good use for you. But before I suggest anything, please can you let me know -

a) While Sales Order was achieved, how do you get to know the correct achieved Sales order No  against which you need to create a Q1 notification? Do you use any kinds of MES application as 'master' to assist you? If so, then in SAP, you can use this local application's reference number or the previously created sales order number in QMEL-REFNUM field, and create your Q1 notification. As for this field there is no specific validation existing for any sales related table, it will allow you to add anything.

b) How many such incidents has happened, where achieved Sales Order needs to be settled in Claims? I hope they will not be many, else there are gross issues in your Production and/or downstream processes, which you need to fix with priority!! Now coming back to these numbers per year - if these numbers are very less, for example may be less than 2 per months, then you should think of creating dummy sales orders for the previously created Sales order (just for reference purpose) and then link those sales orders in Q1 notifications. If so, then for these newly created records, there will not be any VBAK level search failing, and it should allow you to create the notification, with the reference you wished to link.

c) In case you have a high volume of such incidents, where you need to handle many such achieved SD orders through Q1 notification for claims purpose, I believe you should think of some enhancements by analyzing some threads like below -

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1652052

This is the most complicated part, and I hope you can come out with some appropriate solutions to it. Please do not forget to share it in this forum, so that we can also learn from your investigations!!

As there are may expert consultants assisting us in this forum, you can anticipate for a few better responses as well, which can help you further!!

All the best.

Thanks,

Arijit

0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Thanks for quick reply!

a) While Sales Order was achieved, how do you get to know the correct achieved Sales order No  against which you need to create a Q1 notification?

You can view them in VA03 without issue. You will get a warning though that indicates it was archived. After the warning it is viewable as normal in VA03.

b) How many such incidents has happened, where achieved Sales Order needs to be settled in Claims?

A lot of notifications have been submitted with the issue but how many result in claims is unknown at this time. I will have to monitor this situation to quantify that.

c) In case you have a high volume of such incidents, where you need to handle many such achieved SD orders through Q1 notification for claims purpose, I believe you should think of some enhancements by analyzing some threads like below.

Thank you very much for your help.I checked the link and I think it answers some questions I making assumptions about but not sure it gets me 100% there with direction.

Thanks again for your input!

Ryan

Answers (0)