cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP Integration Gateway / SAP Gateway

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i read some documentation and take some webinars to answer the following question: "Do i need an extra SAP Gateway System when i use the SMP with the Integration Gateway to publish SAP Backend ODATA Services?" But i could not find the answer...

My understanding ist that the Integration Gateway of SMP allows to publish ODATA Services by ODC (OData Channel). SAP Backend Systems at least Version 7.42 ingterates the SAP_GWFND component. With this Component iam able to develop ODATA Services (MPC / DPC) at the Backend Site. Normally i publish this Services to SAP Gateway. Is it also possible to publish the Services to SMP Integration Gateway?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190010
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Regarding your question:

"Do i need an extra SAP Gateway System when i use the SMP with the Integration Gateway to publish SAP Backend ODATA Services?"

The answer is no.

The SAP Integration Gateway is a component from the SAP Mobile platform that provides the ability to enable Odata services from various SAP and non-SAP (OData and non-OData) datasources.

There is an excellent post that answer all your questions:

Here you can find a summary:

Answers to frequently asked questions

Q: I need to build an app that will access both SAP and non-SAP data (legacy, solutions from other vendors). Which Gateway do I need?

A: You will need both SAP NetWeaver Gateway and Integration Gateway.

Q: I am building a mobile app and I don’t need to access SAP backend. Do I need SAP NetWeaver Gateway?

A: No. If you don’t need to access SAP Business Suite backend, you may only need Integration Gateway.

Q: Where can I download Integration Gateway?

A: Integration Gateway is not available as a standalone solution. Currently, it only comes with SAP Mobile Platform 3.0.

Q: Where can I download SAP NetWeaver Gateway?

A: SAP NetWeaver Gateway is included in SAP NetWeaver 7.40. For earlier versions (starting from SAP NetWeaver 7.0) you will need to download it as an Add-on from SAP Service Marketplace – http://service.sap.com/swdc (SAP Service Marketplace username password required).

Regards,

Emanuel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marin,

Integration gateway in SMP was introduced to solve two problems.

1. To convert non odata protocols to odata protocols, hence the mobile apps created on SMP 3 will get all benefits of the platform.
  2. To mash up different data sources - You can create an odata service that connects to different data sources, it is also possible to create a single odata service from multiple existing odata services.

If you have an SAP gateway it is not needed to use integration gateway unless you need to mash up the odata services ( SAP gateway- you can install it as an add-on on existing ERP or keep it as a separate server)

If your backend is SAP, it is recommended to use SAP Gateway.

Regards, Midhun

SAP Technology RIG

nageshcaparthy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Additional links may help you:

Regards,

Nagesh