cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP's name display customizing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

For some reason, the standard behaviour in SAP CRM 7 is displaying a " / " after the BP's names in our WebUI results screens.
When we have a postal code and locality fullfiled for the BP, then the result is displayed as follow :
BP NAME / postal code locality. See screenshot bellow.

After verification, this is standard behaviour and we do not have any development on this point.
I am pretty sure there is a cutomizing I can not find that allow to customize which values should be displayed and in what order.

I did not find any document on this functionality.

Does anyone know how to customize those displayed values ?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Guillaume

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guillaume,

There is no customizing for a particular field which is not directly mapped to a field of database table. Normally this kind of text combination is hard coded in GENIL classes. If you do not want that '/' then you have following two different options - both need development

1. redefine getter method of the field and remove the '/' and any text appearing after that - recommended

2. remove this attribute from view configuration and add new value attribute to display only name

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kapilpatil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Guillaume,

Please can you provide the component name where you are getting this behavior.

As part of standard SAP CRM WEB UI, the text fields have this behavior, normally address fields. In your case these are text fields. Multiple fields are concatenated separated by '/'.

This is done by GENIL and API layer logic, before field is presented to user. I am not sure of any customizing to change this behavior.

Thanks,

Kapil Patil

spencer_liang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/ is usually followed by address. You may check if the BP has any address.