cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR viewer displays blank in web server with windows 2012

Former Member
0 Kudos

I downloaded and installed CR run-time file from here

Also, I installed framework 4.5  into pc (win7) and web server (windows 2012)

I use vs2012 to develop a asp.net project with CR viewer.

The project works fine in pc.

But, once published to web server, CR viewer displays blank.

How to fix it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207665
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the Browser blank or the Crystal reports viewer blank?

Regards,

Vinit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Crystal reports viewer blank

I used the same project running at old web server (window 2003, framework4, vs2010), it works fine.

former_member207665
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you share the piece of code used to view the Crystal Reports in the CR Viewer?

Also how is the application compiled, is it x86 or x64?

Regards,

Vinit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the code. It is 64-bit in both pc and web server

<CR:CrystalReportViewer ID="CRV1" runat="server" Height="50px" Width="350px" BorderColor="Silver"

BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="1px" HasCrystalLogo="False" HasDrillUpButton="False"

HasExportButton="False" HasGotoPageButton="False" HasPrintButton="False" HasSearchButton="False"

HasToggleGroupTreeButton="False" HasViewList="False" HasZoomFactorList="False"

GroupTreeImagesFolderUrl="~/images/tree/" ToolbarImagesFolderUrl="~/images/crtoolbar/"

DisplayGroupTree="False" />

Dim rpt As New ReportDocument

rpt.Load(Server.MapPath("order.rpt"))

rpt.SetDatabaseLogon("sa", "password")

rpt.SetDataSource(myDataset.Tables(0))

rpt.Refresh()

0 Kudos

That code looks like something I just published....

Datasets do not have user name and passwords.

Open the report and refresh the data and then save the report with Data, option in the File menu.

Comment out the code to set data info and just preview the report with saved data.

Does that work?

Is sa and password the real thing or did you just change it since this is a public site?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is not login and security since the same code working at old web server 2003 and vs2010

0 Kudos

LOTS of security changes in IIS on 2008 Server and above, comparing 2003 Server to 2012 is like comparing apples to beef.... still food just completely different.

Use Fiddler to see what the actual error is, likely does not have rights to the CRViewer folder or temp folder. Or appPool not set to correct platform, 32/64 bit, or a number of setting now required in IIS on 2012 server.

Make sure this folder is shared and IIS has full rights to it: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\4_0_30319\crystalreportviewers13

Don

Answers (0)