cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy DMS changing doc type for EDIPUBLICROOTFOLDER

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

Our public root folder (EDIPUBLICROOTFOLDER) was created with wrong document type (DRW). I'd like to update this to FOL doc type. Is this at all possible?

Thanks, Vlad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ameya_beri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vlad,

I agree you cannot change a document type once a document is created.

I had a similar requirement and what I did was to create a copy program which automatically copies all attributes and originals of a document of a document type to target document type.

You could achieve this easily via DMS provided BAPI's/FM's.

If it is only a single document you could try changing directly at table level in DRAW first in your sandbox and see how it behaves . However this is risky.

Requesting you to close the thread if your query is answered.

Best Regards,

Ameya B.

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

In my particular case, it is only a single folder that needs a document type update. All the folders/documents below it are fine. So sounds like a direct table update to DRAW is only way to go?

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as the document type is part of the primary key in table DRAW I don't think that this can be updated easily. So I think you need a special report to achieve a kind of replacement of the document with number EDIPUBLICROOTFOLDER like

1. Read structure of current Public folder document
  2. Create a new document which then gets the number EDIPUBLICFOLDER and the same positions later.
  3. Delete the current "Public folder" document
  4. Create the new one and assign document number EDIPUBLICFOLDER and the right document type.

Please note that this is just a proposal and this needs to be tested carefully.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think this can be achievable.

Unless you change the same at table level which is not recommended.

Rgds,

Nayeem