SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI Document Consumes from wrong fiscal year

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am making an FI posting for year 2015. When I check the document, I see that it consumes budget from funds reservation of 2016. What could be the reason?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have multi-year regime for your budget management, then it's possible. If, however, you work with annual budget, situation you described is impossible. You can consume reservation made in 2015 with FI posting in 2016, if you don't use PBET or performed carry-forward. But, vice versa, is not allowed. Please, post screenshots confirming this strange behaviour...

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have multi-year regime for your budget management, then it's possible. If, however, you work with annual budget, situation you described is impossible. You can consume reservation made in 2015 with FI posting in 2016, if you don't use PBET or performed carry-forward. But, vice versa, is not allowed. Please, post screenshots confirming this strange behaviour...

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

How do I understand if it is a multi-year or annual budget?

Regards,

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, who configured PSM-FM for your project?

Check IMG - Public Sector Management - Funds Management Government - Basic Settings - Activate Multi-Year Budget Execution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I checked it and it is not annual budget.

Do I need to make carryforward so postings of 2015 doesn't consume from 2016?

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it's not annual budget and you have no PBET, then why it's important?

Former Member
0 Kudos

So Do I need to activate to annual budget to make sure 2015 postings does not consume from 2016?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's not just switching the flag... Are you in operational system or it's just a sandbox? What are the business requirement: to have it annually or multi-annually?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

I am in operational system but I can make changes in sandbox. I want to set it to annually.

Regards,

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't follow you... If you speak of a change in operational system, then it's a serious exercise. If you speak of a sandbox, you can play with the flags, of course, and see the results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help, I will activate the flag and see what happens in sandbox. Then I will transport it to productive system if no problem occurs.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't do it. Of course, there will be problems. You cannot just change budget from multi-annual to annual mode without consequences! Additionally, I admire your level of coolness regarding changing such an important parameter in Production system I mean, if your project presumes multi-annual budget, then it was done on purpose, wasn't it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, thanks for your kind words

I am not sure if it was done on purpose because system doesn't work the way we want it to work. Anyways, I will try and face the consequences

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, the decision is yours. I gave my warnings...