Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Action is not triggered for Service requests

former_member570797
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have configured the email actions for Service requests (ZMRQ) like indicated in the below attachment. We expect to receive email notifications as soon as the status is New [E0001] or In progress [E0002]. However, when the service request is saved, the required email action is not triggerred and so the email notifications are not sent from the system. Does any one know how to fix it?

Thanks,

Dinesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

If actions are not at all getting triggered then please check if processing time for respective actions are properly defined.

Also check SCOT settings and try to send any test e-mail from system to check functionality.

Regards,

Hanumant

former_member570797
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hanumant,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I have just checked the action definition and found that the "schedule automatically" was unchecked. I have changed it now and the email action is triggered.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

First check the Process log -> Execution actions, whether your email schedule action is processed or not?

If Schedule action is processed ,then issue in Smartform form or HTML forms or user not having mail id in BP ,...

If Schedule action is not process, then you have issue in the schedule condition and start condition .

Rg,

Karthik

former_member570797
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion Karthik. I have fixed it now.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

How do you change the statuses of the Service Request? If you do it via PPF actions, you need to configure the scheduling and start conditions differently.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

former_member570797
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel, I am bit confused on the usage of Start and Schedule conditions. Until now, I could not find a clear definition that differentiates the usage of Start and Schedule conditions. I tried to test it on my own but both these conditions are acting in the same way. Could you please help me understand the differences and when to use it?