cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP is not generating PR but generating schedule lines

0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating the material, i maintained the reorder point 100 with lot size EX.

then i maintained the Info Record and Scheduling Agreement.

afterwards i created the Source list with MRP Indicator '2' and maintaining the scheduling agreement.

When i run MD02 system is generating Schedule lines not Purchase Requisition.

please help?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tomasz_domanski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, sounds that it works as designed as in source list by setting MRP indicator 2 you got :

2Record relevant to MRP. Sched. lines generated automatically

Why are you suprised

Best Regards,

Tomek

0 Kudos

Hi,

Exactly, but just wanted to know why MRP is not generating the Purchase Requisition.

tomasz_domanski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

With Scheduling Agreement you usually work w/o requisitions as requisition will indicate that you need a conversion process into actual material "call off" e.g. Purch Order or Agreement Schedule line.

If you have Scheduling Agreement you actually know the Vendor, know the price, know the period you should work with this Vendor - you do not need an extra step of requisition conversion as it does not add value.

You will work with Schedule Agreement schedule lines, release them to suplier with different horizons - firm zone, trade of zone and forecast outside.

Best Regards,

Tomek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want the system to generate purchase requisition then you've to set the Source List Usage in Materials Planning with entry '1' in the transaction ME01 (Record relevant to MRP). This is well explained in help document, please press F1 and read it.