cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PREP_CONFIGURATION/EXTRACTKRN_2ND : 'Could not determine kernel library name from path '/usr/sap/T61/SUM/abap/exe_2nd'

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We just started a DMO Procedure (SUM SP16) in order to migrate SAP ECC6 ehp7 running on database DB2/400 and platform as400_pase_64 to HANA SPS11 Database

As you may know, during the DMO procedure several kernels are needed

• Kernel for platform 'as400_pase_64' and database 'DB2/400' extracted to directory '/usr/sap/T61/SUM/abap/exe'
  • Kernel for platform 'as400_pase_64' and database 'HDB' exctracted to directory '/usr/sap/T61/SUM/abap/exe_2nd'

During the first extraction to dans /usr/sap/T61/SUM/abap/exe the ILE library is created :

Unfortunatly during the second extraction, the ILE Library is not recreated, /usr/sap/T61/SUM/abap/exe_2nd (kernel for platform 'as400_pase_64' and database 'HDB')

Therefore we are being faced by the following error :

SAPup.log
CURRENTPHASE PREP_CONFIGURATION/EXTRACTKRN_2ND
...started at 20160407172617
# Using phase log file 'EXTRKRN2ND.LOG'.
..finished at 20160407172708 with status ABORTED.
# Error message set: 'Could not determine kernel library name from path '/usr/sap/T61/SUM/abap/exe_2nd'.'

We tried to copy manually the file .ilelibSAPT61UPG to the second kernel , it didnt work

Then we tried to create the missing file using the touch command as suggested by sap note, but it didnt work, 2233497 - IBM i: Additional Information - Software Update Manager 1.0 SP16 

We opened a sap customer call, with no anser so far.

We have very limited experience with IBM i, so any suggestion/help would be appreciated

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Raoul,

I'm sorry for this inconvenience but, unfortunately, there was a new bug in the SUM tool found. Currently there is no workaround available but a program fix needed. I recently created SAP Note 2304575 which will get visible as of today that describes this issue. The fix is made and now in the production and shipment process. It will be available soon.

In between, you can just reset the SUM right now to be prepared once the new SUM version is available

Best regards
René Lang
SAP NetWeaver on IBM i Development

Answers (0)