Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PO and SAP SLD

former_member183829
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was preparing for SAP PO 7.5 (Only JAVA) implementation and going through documentations to understand SAP's evolution path from SAP PI to SAP PO.

I had one query about SAP PO and SAP SLD.

During installation of SAP PO, there is no option for installing on "Local SLD". Available options are 1) Register in existing SLD or 2) No SLD.

In Past, for PI (ABAP + JAVA) SLD was must component and was generally preferred to have local SLD for PI, but as explained above, PO installation does not even give option for local SLD.

Great if someone can explain :
How is SLD positioned in SAP PO landscape (in comparison to SAP PI) ?

What is Best practice for SAP SLD setup for SAP PO 7.5 ?

Any pointers will be helpful.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

How to enable the SLD in PO 7.5

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can enable the SLD in post installation steps in configuration wizard.

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

PO usage type (AEX and BPM) automatically installs an SLD and the configuration wizard activates the SLD. So you can select "No SLD". The Process Orchestration wizard will automatically register the PO system to the new local SLD.

kashyap_shah3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed PO 7.5 now and being unaware of above fact, I did register my PO system in to Solution Manager SLD (as it would have been any way required for system maintenance activity).

Reading your post have raised queries now:

I can see following two SLD related Configuration Wizard tasks in my PO system:

1) PI AEX SLD Self Registration

2) Registering Services Registry instance in SLD

Do I need to execute Configuration Wizard task 1 and would that still configure local SLD (even though PO is registered in Solution Manager SLD)?

Putting my question other way round, is it possible to register a system in multiple SLD (its local and Solution Manager's)?

I have had a look at SAP Note 1920170 - PI CTC: How to reset and repeat SLD registration for PO/AEX

It suggests to disable following from Functional Unit UI, followed by 'Enable Automatically':

Java Foundation

System Landscape Directory

Advanced Adapter Engine Extended (AEX)

Process Integration and Process Orchestration Package

In my system all of above functional units are disabled only.

Do I enable them automatically?

Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: Kashyap Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

The first thing I did was run the wizard for "System Landscape Directory". During that task, I received an error CIM_ERROR_FAILED, so I opened another browser tab and logged into the SLD and imported the latest CR Content (cimsap and crdelta). Then I went back to the task for the SLD wizard and completed it successfully.

After that, I ran the "Process Integration and Orchestration Package" wizard which registered the PO system into the local SLD.

Then I setup my SLD connections from backend business systems to the PO SLD.

All the required functional units for PO are automatically selected.

Message was edited by: Stephen Ferracioli

kashyap_shah3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I actually went as per SAP NW 7.5 installation guide (SAP Note 1362909) and executed Functional Unit: SAP NetWeaver Process Integration (PI) which automatically selected another two required Functional units: System Landscape Directory and Java Foundation

I specified to configure local SLD then, which went fine followed by successful Java Foundation configuration.

During SAP NetWeaver Process Integration (PI), it tried to perform a step: Bind ABAP System and stopped on error: Application server host cannot be null or empty in sub-step Read ABAP System Info.

now I am confused whether I shall be executing Functional Unit: SAP NetWeaver Process Integration (PI) or not as in my scenario I don't have PI ABAP system but (Java) only PO system.

Another query is which all Function Units and/or Configuration Wizard tasks are to be executed.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest starting here for configuration steps and instructions:

Overview and Prerequisites - Configuring Process Integration After Installation - SAP Library

If you just want to run a single stack Process Orchestration system then it's my understanding that I needed to run the "Process Integration and Orchestration Package" (PI-CP) wizard. After consulting a friend who had done a PO 7.4 installation last year, I decided to run the "System Landscape Directory" wizard first just to make sure the SLD was already properly configured  and CR CONTENT was up-to-date before proceeding with the other functional units.

You should be able to disable your previous configuration and proceed with the "Process Integration and Orchestration Package" functional unit.

Message was edited by: Stephen Ferracioli

Former Member
kashyap_shah3
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you are right, I just need to execute: Process Integration and Orchestration Package but just by disabling SAP NetWeaver Process Integration (PI), configuration won't reset, that's what the popup message warns. Now I am not sure what all above Functional Unit might have spoiled that I'll have to repair!

Any clue?

kashyap_shah3
Contributor
0 Kudos

An update:

I could execute Process Integration and Orchestration Package without doing anything to earlier (wrongly) executed Functional Unit.

Above Functional Unit selected following prerequisite FU:

Advanced Adapter Engine Extended (AEX)

Composite Application framework Runtime

Composition Environment Platform

Java Foundation (not in my case as it was already enabled)

Process Integration and Orchestration Package

Process Server

Rules Server

System Landscape Directory (again not in my case as it was already enabled)

So my conclusion is after PO installation the only Functional unit to be automatically enable is:

Process Integration and Orchestration Package as per SAP Note 1548120

Above fact isn't very clearly documented anywhere.