cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Location Selection in SO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

The client intends to enter any storage location at Item Level in the Sales Order and Save it irrespective whether this Material has has been extended in the material master.

How do we achieve it? Is there any configuration in standard to allow to enter any Storage Location in SO?

Awaiting comments and opinions.

Regards,

Milan Shetty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried this before posting here?  If so, I would like to know the outcome.  For information, storage location determination, with the standard configuration is applicable to delivery and I am sure, you must be knowing based on what combination, storage location would be determined in delivery.  If the business process warrants to deviate this standard, then you need to go with USEREXIT_SOURCE_DETERMINATION 

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is at SO item level that we're entering the Storage Location. Also, am aware of the standard practice is to extend the material master.

I've checked this, but there seems no configuration to cover this scenario.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Regards,

Milan Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Milan,

As an alternate solution what you can do is that,you can use Sales Order Save Exit to extend the material while saving the sales order. This may impact performance of SO.

Regards

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milan,

There is no standard configuration available in SAP to determine the Storage location in SO. You have to use  Exits to achieve the requirement as commented by Mr. Lakshmipathi or userexit_save_document in MV45AFZZ

In addition, you can create a Ztable and a Z-T.Code to maintain the same as per the requirement.

Ex. in combination with Material/Plant/SO, Material/Material Pricing1/Plant/ SO like that. 

Use this Ztable in Exits.

Regards,

Avinash Sinha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

p391977
Contributor
0 Kudos

I feel storage location determination ideally happens at Delivery, not at SO.

But the material need to be extended to the relevant storage locations.

So, we can extend the materials to all the storage locations & we can do that.

Best Regards,

Radheshyam P.