Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fiori Offline

satya-dev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have to convert Standard Fiori App to Offline . I read so many blogs, but nothing is helpfull.

I have some doubt.

1). Is it possible to convet standard fiori app to offline.

2). If possible, then how we can do it. And we edit sap fiori standard code, and add this app to fiori launchpad again. 

Thanks,

Satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

There is an excellent and free MOOC course on this topic at Developing Mobile Apps with SAP HANA Cloud Platform - Jeff Gebo and Dhimant Patel

You can enroll into the course self-paced to access the content.

The course shows end to end how to create odata offline Fiori apps using the Kapsel Hybrid Application Toolkit.

One comment you will find in the course is that apps should either be online or offline.

Note that you can run an offline app when the network happens to be online.

However as an offline app has to be coded for the HAT for offline use, and as the OData Services themselves need to be tuned for offline behaviour, and as the offline app ...

My understanding is that simply converting an existing online app that you already have in your Fiori Launchpad to offline is possible but not generally advisable.  That is you want to design it as an offline app from the beginning ... as offline capability will significantly change the user experience for your online users.

may perhaps be able to confirm.

Rgds,

Jocelyn

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

To add on this, you need to have mobile platform (SMP 3.0 on-premise) or HCPms (cloud) for leveraging offline capabilities.

Regards,

JK

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no easy way to convert it to offline.

You will be required to create an hybrid kapsel application from beginning which will use Offline OData functionalities ()

Regards,

Sarbjeet Singh

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Take a look at .

Regards,

Masa / SAP technology RIG

satya-dev
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Masa,

I read the document. But i coudnt find any solution. How to enable SAP Fiori or SAP UI5 app to offline.

I am confused to how to do Fiori App offline.??

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Please share business use case and the name of the Fiori app.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG