Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SAP PO - Use of Message digest/ Checksum vs Temporary file name option

Hello,

We are using SAP PO 7.4 (Single stack). Scenario is transfer of file from SAP CRM to Shared location via SAP PO i.e. SAP CRM->(Proxy)->SAP PO -> (SFTP) -> Shared location.

We want to avoid processing of partial files at receiver's side i.e. if complete file is not transferred to shared folder, then receiver must not process it.

One way to make sure of this is to generate a Checksum (MD5) file for each of the Data file and place it on the shared location. Receiver will validate each Data file using corresponding checksum data to make sure complete file is received.

In SAP PO/PI (Communication channel -> Processing), there is an option to generate/transfer the data file with a temporary name (Write mode parameter) and once the file is transferred, then rename it to a proper name.

My query is whether this option will handle partial file error scenario i.e. SAP PO itself will check if the full file is transferred, if yes only then it will rename the file.

If this option does not handle Partial error file scenario, then is any other out of box functionality within SAP PO which handles this error scenario?

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards,

Pratik

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question