Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile warehouses

Klaus01
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

a customer of ours has 10 Service cars.

Currently ByD Supports only one "Movable Storage".

How can I divide the warehouse to the different cars? The point is that materials in the cars are out of the warehouse and thus supply planning should not see this stock. This is possible with the "Movable Storage" logistic use.

Are there any other selections in the logistic use that enable the same behavior as "movable storage"?

Kind regards,

Klaus Hoffmann

P.S.: Is there any describtion available that shows the characteristics and features of the possible selection in logistic use?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Klaus01
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Leo Nishanth A,

yeah, that I found out on my own. But if there are 10 Service van, you'll Need to know where the material reside.

At least a storage area that is not "seen" by the MRP runs would be helpful. Is there anything like this?

KInd regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Klaus,

Like i mentioned in the last memo, you can only identify if this is at movable storage location or now with source service order or project stock order.

You will track in which vehicle/car the stock is available as this information is not captured while allocate or goods issue.

Maybe you should check the add-on option to capture this information at the time of goods issue or allocate.

Regards

Leo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Klaus Hoffman,

Per site only one movable storage is allowed. The movable logistics area is used in Service Order Engineer Pick Scenario or project stock order scenario  to show that the goods are not in the warehouse but somewhere on a truck/van. It is not possible to say exactly on which truck/van the products are stored.

So fundamentally it wouldn't help to divide this into 1 or 10 cars as all are considered movable storage itself.

So i recommend you define movable storage under one site which should address your issue independent of the no of cars.

Regards

Leo