cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BPC optimized for S/4HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know the customer pain points with regards to their financial planning and consolidation processes and how SAP BPC ( newest version) could be solving those problems for them? Thank you in advance.

Regards

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

navip
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Please go through the below video to get an Idea on BPC  optimized for S/4 HANA .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGpRW6Cg7eg

--

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check this link.. most of the questions are answered.

http://sapinsider.wispubs.com/Assets/Videos/2015/December/Reporting-2015-Pras-Chatterjee-on-BPC-for-...

Thanks & Regards,

Geeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, can you tell me how plans developed in SAP BPC are accessible in ERP (S/4 HANA).

And which table stock the planning data in the ERP

Thank you.

anil_agrawal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are supposed to use data retraction facility for sending BPC Plan data to ERP.

Tables detail will defer and will be based on different planning Model.

Thanks,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AGRAWAL,

Thank you for your answer.

Data retraction facility is used in BPC  optimized for S/4 HANA to, because it supposed to communicate directly with the ERP.

If i'm wrong please tell me.

Thank you.

anil_agrawal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now it will allows for real-time access of transactional and master data directly from SAP ERP

and no separate BW extraction component and Data duplication required to complete the planning process.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what you mean by BPC optimized for S4? It's IBPF?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. Isn't the new name for IBPF, SAP BPC for S/4HANA? Sorry, if I am wrong.

Rgds

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it's IBPF. But it's more like BI-IP then BPC.

Also it's not possible to use consolidation in IBPF( I read somewhere that it will be supported in new releases).

So IBPF it's only for planning, which substituted FI-CO planning, but not fully. For instance , in IBPF you can't plan wise activity type, run allocations/distributions. For this you need extract/retract data IBPF->ERP->IBPF that for customers looks strange.

But it reads actual and master data in real-time from ERP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer. That was helpful. It would be great if you can let me know what the future of BPC looks like.

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is done to enable user to distribute Plan data according to same rules as you have for Actuals.  If you want to use different rules for Plan than you have for Actuals you can utilize IBPF's Distribution functionality.