Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculation View Currency Conversion with BW on HANA

srinivas_anilkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Experts,

We are on BW 7.5, HANA SP11.

I have a calculation view based on a generated analytic view from a BW cube.

When I try to use currency conversion in HANA calculation view, the "schema for currency conversion" does not show the BW schema i.e SAP"SID" to use the TCUR* tables. Is it an authorization issue? How can I use the BW TCUR* table to perform currency conversion in HANA?

Any hints is well appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

muthuram_shanmugavel2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

1. Please Confirm, BW Schema name is SAP<SID>.

Because It is possible to configure BW schema with other Names as well.

(In my all systems, BW Schema Name is SAP<SID>.

But one of my system, BW schema Name configured as "SAPABAP1")

2. If your schema name configured as SAP<SID>, Then your HANA DB user might not have privilege       for this schema. Please check SAP<SID> is shown under catalog node.

If User does not have privilege for this Schema, Object Privilege has to be assigned.

3. One more Option which will be used in Side car scenario is,

Using Data Provisioning Tools (SLT/BODS), Replicate TCUR* Tables

to User created schema of Target HANA system from Source ECC system.

User defined schema has to be mentioned as Schema for Currency Conversion

Regards,

Muthuram

srinivas_anilkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your feedback.

1. Yes I confirm BW schema is SAP<SID>.

2. BW schema is not visible in the catalog node either. However, I can access the BW tables such as DSO's, and other BW tables including the currency tables in various Attribute and Calculation views.

BW is our business warehouse system to which the currency tables are updated from various source systems. We would like to use these currency tables in HANA views to perform the currency conversion.

Regards,

Srinivas

muthuram_shanmugavel2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Please try this.

1. Choose Schema Mapping, In Schema Mapping Pop-up,

Mention "SAP_TEST" As Authoring Schema and Select SAP<SID> Schema as Physical Schema.

2. Then Open Your Calculation View, Mention Schema for Currency Conversion as "SAP_TEST" and       Try to create Currency conversion Calculated Measure.

I hope it would work.

Regards,

Muthuram

srinivas_anilkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is already an entry available in Schema Mapping in Dev environment.

Authoring Schema 'ABAP' and Physical Schema 'SAP<SID>'

Thanks,

Srinivas

BenedictV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

You say you are not able to see the BW schema in catalog. Can you check if you have the needed authorizations for the BW schema? Can you select and display entries in HANA studio from the tables in BW schema using a simple select?

srinivas_anilkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In HANA SQL console executing the below query gives 'SAP DBTech JDBC: [258]: insufficient privilege: Not authorized'

select * from "SAP<SID>".tcurr

However, when I use the same table 'TCURR' taken from 'SAP<SID>' schema in an Attribute / Calculation View, I can preview the data of this table.

Thanks

Srinivas

BenedictV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure why that happens. Cant remember if I came across this scenario of not having select privilege on table but was able to access view a modelling view.

Anyway, we now know that you do not have access to the BW schema. As a BW developer you would definitely need that. You may have to get the access and then use it as the default schema in your view.

srinivas_anilkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Is it a good practice that developers see the BW schema in HANA or it is handled in a different way in other customer places?

What privileges are required in order to see this schema?

catalog schema "SAP<SID>": SELECT is enough?

Regards,

Srinivas

BenedictV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The systems that I worked with, developers generally have access to all schema's(SELECT) except for some system schema. Just like you do not restrict developers with infoarea or object level access in a BW system, it is not a good idea to restrict developer access to BW and ECC schemas.

Dont forget to update and close the discussion if you have your solution.

muthuram_shanmugavel2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Can you able to see "ABAP" Schema in Currency Conversion Schema Selection.

Regards,

Muthuram