cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64 bit .NET connector 3.0 with SECGSS.DLL 32 bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we have configured SAP SNC without SSO using SNC Client encryption at client side and Secure login library (SLL) files at Server side.

And we are successfully configured SNC in AS ABAP.

Problem is we have a third party application tool which uses 64 bit .Net connector 3.0 which is connecting to our SAP ABAP system through SNC is failing due th SECGSS.dll which is 32 bit defaultly.

From the service marketplace there is no seperate file for SNC client encryption. if we install it , the file is storing in as 32 bit platform (C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\encryption\secgss.dll)

Please let me know if there is any 64 bit SNC Client encryption  file available? if not how we can connect our 64 bit .net connector with 32 bit Secgss.dll file.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys, anyone please answer my query..

Thanks,

krishna

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I am aware, the SNC Client Encryption (SCE) library is only designed for use with SAP GUI on Windows workstations connecting to AS ABP, and this is why it is 32-bit. The SAP GUI product is 32-bit even on 64-bit edition of Windows. If you have another use for SNC library, which requires 64-bit library then you need to buy a product that includes a full featured SNC library, not using the free SCE library designed for SAP GUI.

Thanks

Tim

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

the 64bit support for SNC is only available as part of the product SAP Single Sign-On. SNC Client Encryption does not support 64bit client applications.

Best regards,

Christian

LutzR
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian, so SNC Client Encryption is not compatible e.g. with ANALYSIS OFFICE CLIENT 2.2 for Windows on x64 64bit or SAP LUMIRA 1.0 64BIT?

Regards,

Lutz

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lutz,

that's correct.

Best regards,

Christian

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christian,

Please don't forget that there are other products available that have a 64-bit SNC library included.

Thanks

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Can you please mention the other security products that provide 64 bit snc library file.

Thanks,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

So can I use SAP SSO 2.0 Secure login client library file(secgss.dll )at client side? other than SAP GUI?

Thanks,

Krishna

LutzR
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian, would you please provide a full compatibility list?

So I don't get "Grundschutz" (encrypted network traffic) for my full SAP landscape without licensing an SNC product. Strange.

<derogatory comment removed by moderator>.

Regards,

Lutz

Message was edited by: Julius von dem Bussche (Moderator)

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Tim,

actually I didn't know that, never seen it in the wild. And I wouldn't want to speculate. But good to know, thanks.

Best regards,

Christian

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

yes, when you install the Secure Login Client from SAP Single Sign-On, you get the SNC libraries both for 32bit and 64bit.

Best regards,

Christian

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SCN rules do not allow non SAP products to be mentioned on this forum. You have to find other products using SAP Store (https://store.sap.com) or google.

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You get what you pay for !! If you pay nothing you get limitations, if you want more you need to pay 🙂

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is also important to mention that these 'other' SNC libraries (e.g. not SCE library) do more than offer encryption. They also can be used for authentication so that SAP password doesn't need to be used to logon to SAP system.

LutzR
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well I thought I would get encryption and would not get SSO. But I obviously not even get encryption (everywhere).

LutzR
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian, ABAP in Eclipse will not do either as long as you chose to install 64bit JRE? AiE documentation does not tell anything of limitations when using 64bit JRE ( SAP Development Tools ).

Regards,

Lutz

Answers (0)