cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSH and DFS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I faced with issue distribution of sap gui 740 to users pc`s using LSH.

I use DFS share and LSH mechanism but it is not work. When i try to start NWSAPSETUP on PC without admin rights nothing happens, after i logon as admin user and nwsapsetup starts.

LSH configure correctly with domain user.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Have you checked the note

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1162270

Kind Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jude,

Thank for your answer!

All correct according this note. Maybe there are some features with DFS and LSH?

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Albert,

Any errors showing in the logfiles?

You will find these in %programfiles(x86)%\SAP\SapSetup\LOGs

Review the most recent files. (check for "1E " without the quotes, and/or the word "Error".

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

i check, no any error, also i check inst. server - all correct.

my sequence:

1. install server

2 patch and add need components( sap gui, sap bi and nwsapsetup, also i add snc and pdfprint)

3. configuratr lsh

maybe any mistake in my sequnce?

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Albert,

That's the correct sequence.

As far as I know, you need admin rights to run LSH,as it is a shared resource.

Regards.

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jude,

I found some logs from windows journal, when i start nwsapsetup there error with MSVCR120.dll:

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Albert,

Make sure you install the Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download...

32 and 64bit versions, and reboot the OS.

Then test again for the error.

Kind Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

I download and install, after reboot my pc and test. Nwsapsetup start with same error.

I have one qustion, Why two components for sapsetup?

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Albert.

The sapsetup 3SP00 is for debugging purposes only.

Use only the 90P2P000P_XX version for updating your sapsetup.

It's always a good idea to use the most recent sapsetup patches.

Best regards

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for your answers!

I reinstall SAP IS and patch SAPSETUP with last version(13.04.16) - all correct!

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Are there any errors in the DS or LSH logfiles?

Follow the troubleshooting steps below:

Troubleshooting:

• If you execute a process on a remote workstation, and you do not specify an user for the remote process, the installation server needs to be shared as a null session share. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289655/en-us for details.
  • Make sure, that you followed all the steps mentioned above. Check if the DS was able to create the keys under "HKLM\Software\SAP" on the server. Check, if the DS files (NwSapSetupDs.exe and NwSapSetupDs.cfg) were copied to \\<server>\<share>\setup\DS. Check, if the DS was registered as a service on the server. If one of these are not OK, reconfigure the DS using \\<server>\<share>\setup\NwSapSetupAdmin.exe. Check NwSapSetup.log from folder %PROGRAMFILES%\SAP\SapSetup\LOGs (or %PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\SAP\SapSetup\LOGs on 64 bit systems) of the client machine for errors.
  • Check if the client is a valid member of your windows domain and that the client was not created by harddisk cloning. If not or in doubt, remove the client from the domain, reboot and re-insert it.
  • Check the network connection from the client to the server using "ping" and "net view" and from the server to the client, too.
  • Try stopping the DS using the option "Stop Distribution Service" from the "Services" menu in NwSapSetupAdmin. Then configure the services again using the option "Configure Local Security Handling" from the "Services" menu. This will first uninstall and then re-install the DS.
  • Try deactivating firewall software running on both the client and the server for a test. Note that for proper operation LSH needs an exception for "Windows File Sharing" on both the client and the server.
  • On clients where LSH or remote installation will be used, remote service control must be possible. The respective policy and the firewall must be configured accordingly.
  • If you create a support ticket because of problems with LSH, provide the following information:
    • If the DS is not running at all: Provide the results of the checks mentioned above and NwSapSetupAdmin.log from the configuration of DS. Make shure, that the DS and IS accounts you used, fulfill the requirements mentioned above.
    • If the DS is running, but LSH can not be used on one or any computer: Check anything mentioned above and provide NwSapSetupDs.log, NwSapSetupDs_<CLIENT_MACHINE>_#.log and NwSapSetupDs_ServiceMain_#.log from directory %POGRAMFILES%\SAP\SapSetup\LOGs of the server. Provide NwSapSetup*.log and NwSapSetupIs*.log from folder %POGRAMFILES%\SAP\SapSetup\LOGs of a client computer, if those files exist. Make sure to provide a set of logfiles where all logfiles belong together (their time stamps should be close to each other).

Best Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer and response.

I update sap setup to last version:

9.0.74.0Release Date: 13/April/2016

• FIX: Possible crash when using Local Security Handling is corrected
  • FIX: Updates from GUI 730, BEx 3.x to GUI 740, BEx7.x now work correctly
  • FIX: Possible crash during MS Office version recognition fixed

It helps to solve problem