cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This change isn't allowed message- authorization issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am encountering "this change isn't allowed " message while changing the authorization via the authorization tab cv01n. i am assigning activities to individual users i.e. i am user ABC the creator of document and initially i have by default activity "admin" .When i change the ABC activity to READ; saving this gives me "This change is not allowed message". similarly, when i try add another users to authorize, it still displays the same message. On clicking the message it displays "Message no. 26455".

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Shazia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand you are looking for ACL authorization.

As per ACL there must be one user with Admin right,So request you to add another user with Admin right then change the admin to read for ABC user.

Rgds,

Nayeem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks a lot Nayeem. It would be of great help if you could guide me in another scenario. When i change the activity to write/write file in the same authorization tab of DMS and associate it with an object example equipment "130000067", it is not reflected in the change equipment tcode IE02 i.e. when i open T-code change Equipment 'IE02" equipment "130000067" and in the Additional data tab which is the DMS tab, I have read only access on document despite assigning write file/write in the activity, while creating document in DMS.

Rgards,

Shazia Iqbal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nayeem

I tried assigning another user DEF with admin activity and saved it in which i was successful.Then again changed the activity of ABC (owner with admin activity) to write and writefile but it does allow me to do this and displays the message "this change is not allowed". Seems that i can't change the rights of the ABC since i am the owner of the document despite adding DEF user with Admin activity rights.

Regards,

Shazia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, That is the standard system behavior, The admin user created once cannot be changed(only first user), Try changing the user DEF and other from admin and other, Which system will allow you.

If you want to achieve your requirement, Then you may need to go for an enhancement, In which create a first admin user like dummy user, Then add other users with any right which system will allow you.

I remember i have did the same in one client.

Rgds,

Nayeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes the system does allow to change the user DEF to other rights.

It would be of great help if you could guide me in another scenario. When i change the activity to write/write file in the same authorization tab of DMS and associate it with an object example equipment "130000067", it is not reflected in the change equipment tcode IE02 i.e. when i open T-code change Equipment 'IE02" equipment "130000067" and in the Additional data tab which is the DMS tab, I have read only access on document file attached in DMS despite assigning write file/write in the activity, while creating document in DMS.

Regards,

Shazia