cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE schedule line category determination by copy control from F2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Exports,

I met one one issue that I can not get the schedule line category determined by the Proposed schedule line category maintained in copy control

- The return order item category + MRP type determined schedule line category  DN in VOV5.

- I maintained the Proposed schedule line category ZL in copy control from F2 to RE.

Somehow when I create RE order with reference to the F2 billing. I always get the DN determined not ZL.

Just wonder if I can get ZL determine from the billing copy control since no schedule line category in billing. And How?

I search a lot from the internet and the forum but no answer... pls kindly help.

Br,

Lucas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dont get confused on schedule line category determinations in Return order with ref to Billings..

You need to understand-why system proposes schedule lines??

Meaning for schedule lines: Customer requested qty + confirmation dates is called schedule lines.

for this confirmations- system always has to follow availability check at every sales/Return orders that to availability specific to single plant. So system will propose schedule lines based on the process mentioned at every sales transactions and the configs done for availability..

Please Dont look at Billing level(seems- you stucked checking at billing by having a feeling due to reference concepts)

As suggested by Mr Lakshmipathi-Have you checked your return order item category and MRP type mentioned..

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phanikumar,

Thanks for the reply, I totally understand the meaning of schedule line.

My requirement is to determine the schedule line from the copy control instead of the determination by item category + MRP type.

- The return order item category + MRP type determined schedule line category  DN in VOV5.

- I maintained the Proposed schedule line category ZL in copy control from F2 to RE.

- ZL is also maintained in VOV5 as ManSchedLineCat.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

""ZL is also maintained in VOV5 as ManSchedLineCat."

By doing this-You can change the schedule line category manually at Return order(Just press F4 in schedule lines Tab at item level).

But in same VOV5 -you maintained DN as Default schedule line--so system proposed this DN by default...

Hope you reached us..

"""I maintained the Proposed schedule line category ZL in copy control from F2 to RE"""

We are not suppose to maintain any schedule lines here at VTAF-due to this was related to source documents(Not related to Target documents)

Phanikumar

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lucas,

unfortunately influencing the determination of schedule line in VTAF will not work in a standard system. You have no schedule lines in the billing document - what schedule line would you set as the source? You have to enter something, otherwise you cannot save the record (at least this is what happens in my sandbox). And when FV45CF0C_CVBEP_FUSSZEILE_PRUEF is run, the system will determine that this is not a correct entry and would revert to the default schedule line set for the resulting item category. If your aim is actually to get a different movement type when referencing billing documents, then, if you wish to automate the process, I think you will need to set a different item category than the one you generally use when creating returns without reference to billing.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Schedule line in sale order / return order would be fetched based on your item category.  So first check what item category is assigned to your return order type and ensure that, the same item category is assigned in copy control also

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G. Lakshmipathi,

All the settings are done, in the schedule line assignment, the schedule line I want to determine from copy control is ManSchedLineCat not the default one.

If create the return order without billing reference, it will determine to the default one.

But if create with reference the original billing, based on the copy control, can I get the ManSchedLineCat one I want directly instead of the default one.

Br,

Lucas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

In the above query you mentioned in V0V5 the DN is maintained in the schedule line category determination.

Since you have defined new schedule line category as ZL and also maintained the copy controls. But you also need to replace DN  with ZL  in V0V5 and try create the RE order.

Thanks & Regards,

vamsi krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

Thanks for the response, I have already maintained the ZL in VOV5 in the ManSchedLineCat. DN is still the default one.

Do you think it is possible to determine ZL from Billing Copy control?

Thanks,

Lucas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any one met the same issue before, pls kindly share your comments. Thanks.