cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS 7.5 SP02 Patch Level 0 Repository Explorer - Failed to create the part's control

junyan1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Good day. I'm working on SAP PO 7.5 SP02 system, and I've deployed NWDS 7.5 SP02 Patch Level 0 in my local PC, running a 64-bit Java JDK 1.8.0_77.

(please click on image to enlarge)

When I open my Deployment Perspective, the Repository Explorer view is giving an error as below:

(please click on image to enlarge)

Do you have any idea on this error?

Thanks!

Cheers

Jun Yan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Jun Yan

I've not encountered this before, but can you try to see if adding an entry for the target SAP system under Preferences > SAP AS Java works? You will need a user with Administrator role.

I tried opening the Deployment view on NWDS 7.5 SP1 Patch 2 and do not get the error though. Let me try to see if I can get my hands on an SP2 version.

Regards

Eng Swee

junyan1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

Yes, this can be done without any problem.

In fact, I've used this NWDS tool to deploy a BPM to PO development environment and get the scenario running without any problem.

I'm exploring the option to undeploy BPM objects, and then I came across this error under Deployment perspective.

Cheers

Jun Yan

former_member186851
Active Contributor
engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The following thread seems to have a similar issue. Maybe you might want to try and see if the steps there work for you.

One thing though is that normally I'd use a user with Administrator role for this and it works for me, but the thread seems to suggest using the OS level user <sid>adm.

junyan1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thank you for the suggestion, and it works!

The solution is to go through File -> Switch Workplace, select a new folder. After Eclipse restarted, switch back to the original workplace folder.

My NWDS Repository Explorer is showing up correctly now.

Cheers

Jun Yan

junyan1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

Looks like switching workspace fix the issue, thanks for your help.

Cheers

Jun Yan

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Haha. Glad that worked. Wonder why that was an issue!

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe its because of files not getting save properly. I mean the BPM project files.

Answers (0)