cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Copy Not Progressing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

The client copy from quality to development is not progressing after 60401 out of 60439 tables has been copied. This status has been same for the last 29 hours. Current status is showing CKIT & COSS tables are being copied.

Disk utilization at the time of writing this message is 59.3 % and CPU utilization is 32.6 %.

Please see the screen shot. What could possibly be the reason for this?

Regards,

Md. Soadrul Amin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP version, kernel & OS/400?

-SAP ECC 6.0 EHP 5, Kernel Release 720, Kernel Patch 201, OS: IBM i 7.1

SCC3 copy logs for analysis

-Attached

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amin.

Check the table name ZVATCUR status in SE14,  Kindly follow the steps on IBM-i system

1. Before starting the client copy have you can clear the Sql packages

2. Do the just system restart(IPL) and  suspend the background jobs.

3. Start the Client copy

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram:

Before scheduling client copy, I held all background jobs on IBM i using command WRKJOBSCDE; I also suspended all background jobs on SAP application server using SA38>BTCTRNS1 and then restarted the application server to make sure no background job remains active. All users except SAP* & my own account was locked.

However, I did not clear SQL packages. Please see the status of table name ZVATCUR in SE14. What would you suggest me to do?

Regards,

Md Soadrul Amin

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you share System logs from SM21 & SCC3 copy logs for analysis.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Did you checked your tablespaces in database (eg:PSAPSR3 and PSAPTEMP).

Could you please provide the complete screenshot of warnings and error logs with text info. Thank you

Regards,

Krishnaiah 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnaiah:

The tablespace information is a thing I have been trying to find before scheduling the client copy but cannot find in DBACOCKPIT. I know if tablespaces may require extension for a client copy.

I am running SAP on DB/2 & IBM i 7.1.

Regards,

Md Soadrul Amin

0 Kudos

I've seen this a number of times because of stale table statistics. Please check both tables if the statistics are still valid. Similarly, check the SQL statements running and analyze the explain plans.

0 Kudos

I have seen similar behavior. It could be that the table it is copying is huge or it has encountered an error. did you check the log in SCC3? did you check there is enough space in the tables spaces/database?

former_member217141
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you see in SM50 ? Also could you please check sm21 logs ?

Also please paste /usr/sap/trans/log/ latest log.

What is the value of rdisp/max_wprun_time  ?

Best Regards

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amin.

Could you check the over all free disk space in target system (Dev).

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram:

Disk space in target system is 58.65% occupied. During client copy, a large number of journal receivers are generated that could quickly deplete disk space. To arrest disk space occupancy, I allowed IBM i to delete unused journal receiver files with the below command before scheduling the remote client copy:

CHGJRN (R3ERDDATA/QSQJRN) DLTRCV (*YES)

As a result, disk occupancy never crossed 60%. I monitored disk space time to time.

Regards,

Md Soadrul Amin

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amin.

1. Could you share the SAP version, kernel & OS/400?

2. Is it possible do the full system restart (IPL)and then check the same.

BR

SS