Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG for SAP PP and QM Master Data

former_member706977
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Does MDG support SAP PP and QM master data? Like it does with the material master, i.e. change requests, mass change, consolidation, cleansing etc?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bilal,

There is no pre delivered standard Data Model provided for PP and QM master data in MDG as like for Material, Finance, Business Partners..,

So, you have to create you own new custom Data Model, Entity Types and so on.

former_member706977
Participant
0 Kudos

This includes for both maintenance and consolidation? what if SAP decides (and it should) to add other modules' master data in the future?

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bilal,

You can get in touch with SAP to find out if there are any plans for the master data objects you are looking for. Even if SAP delivers the same master data object in future it will not alter with your custom solution given that you follow the naming conventions and standards for custom development. I would suggest to prototype consolidation also as it a new feature released with MDG 8 or you might consult SAP.

Thanks

Goutham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bilal,

Yes for both maintenance and consolidation. I do no see in near future they will deliver data models for PP and QM modules. As Gowtham suggested creating custom model could be ideal way to start.

Even in Product Road Map also I do not find any info about this.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bilal,

Mostly it should be possible but I would suggest to do a prototype to see the complexity before finalizing. For any master data object other than the out of the box solutions you have to build everything from scratch starting from custom data model.

Thanks

Goutham