Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total weight kg is more than the total allowed weight for shipment

former_member212941
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

i am doing a replishment delivery and followed by a shipment , when i provide the shipment weight  less than delivery

i get a warning message total weight is more than allowed weight

is there a place where i can maintain tolerance , if it is impacted by route , is there a possiblity to maintain tolerance in route weight

i searched and browsed , but i can find is there a way a tolerance can be kept functionally

please advise

Regards

Leo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

For the material you want to deliver, have you checked your purchasing value key in purchasing view ?

Regards

former_member212941
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

yeah , but it picks from route now is there a way weight tolerance to set in route

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where is the logic at all to have a lesser weight in a shipment than in the assigned deliveries?

And what shall a tolerance do?

former_member212941
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen

Nice to see you , sometime the truck can load more weight or less weight than delivery

so if we have tolerance in route we can avoid the error message functionally only with respect to tolerance

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure I understand.

A delivery has the weight of a product and its packaging.

The shipment has this weight plus the weight of pallets and other transportation specific packaging, e.g. the weight of a high sea container.

So I do not get the logic that a shipment weight can be smaller than the total of the deliveries.

And why should a tolerance be route specific? Does it weigh less if it goes from Hamburg to Munich instead of Hamburg to Mumbai?

Just goto to SE91 enter your message number VW669

and use the where used button to see the programs which issue this message and to read the coding whether there is any condition  for a tolerance check. I haven't seen any.

former_member212941
Participant
0 Kudos

it is like route ways this is for 1 tonne and we could load up to 1.2 tonnes on  trucks so for these tolerance

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no tolerance that is checked in case of this VW669 message.

In a route you can maintain the allowed total weight, which is necessary if for example your truck has a total weight 45 tons but country xyz allows only 38 tons maximum on their streets.

In no case it logical to have a smaller total weight in a shipment than in the assigned deliveries.

Answers (0)