Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dispacher not running

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I´m running ECC EHP7 on Win2012r2 with MS SQL Server 2014 Standard.

Now I´m facing problems on my system, my dispacher is not running. on sap console i see this error:

Basis System: Initizalization RUNT failed, return code -000001

When I went to the dev_w0.log the only line looks strange for me is this:

H  HTTP> Parameter icf/ssocookie_mandatory set to 0

A  *** ERROR => ab_init: This kernel version may run with SAP_BASIS version 700 in preput scenarios only! [abinit.c    695]

M  *** ERROR => ab_init failed (-1) [thrtAbapEnv. 533]

M  *** ERROR => ThrtAbapEnvInit2 failed (-1) [thxxext.c    510]

M  ***LOG R19=> ThInit, ThStartUp2 ( RUNT-000001) [thxxhead.c  1310]

M  in_ThErrHandle: 1

M  *** ERROR => ThInit: ThStartUp2 (step TH_INIT, thRc ERROR-CORE-INTERNAL_ERROR, action STOP_WP, level 1) [thxxhead.c  2392]

M

Can someone help me please.

I attached the complete logfile and the kernel information.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

Could you attach the dev_disp trace file too?

I would patch the kernel: kernel 7.42 pl 28 is really old. You should try out pl 200 or 300 (pl 400 is expected for later this month).

You should also patch the DB library (dbmssslib.dll), as probably there is a more recent one.

Regards,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

Can you please provide more information on what scenario  you are facing this error? System Copy or upgrade or kernel upgrade ? or system just not starting up?

But looking at the error message, the error looks to be kernel compatible issue.

Regards

Arjun

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

Yes, it´s system just not starting up. It was running but after some time it just came up with this error.

But the problem is that the kernel is 7.40 and it´s the last one, should I upgrade it to the last patch level?

Regards,

Nelson Chamba\

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Cristiano,

here is the dev_disp. I´ll upgrade and will let you know.

Regards,

Nelson Chamba\

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

dear all,

I upgraded the kernel but the error still

any idea?

check the logs

nelson\

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

It seems that the SAP_BASIS of the system is 7.00 - and then you cannot use kernel 7.42 with.

If the SAP_BASIS release is not on the supported version then this message will be issued.

You can read more on SAP note 1969546 - Release Roadmap Kernel 740.

If you are doing an upgrade, then also be sure to be using the correct SUM version.

Kind regards,

Cris

raquel_gomez
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

According to the dev_disp it seems that the dispatcher stops because all workprocesses will be cancelled. If you check the new dev_w0 file then you see the mentioned error:

A  *** ERROR => ab_init: This kernel version may run with SAP_BASIS version 700 in preput scenarios only! [abinit.c     693]

M  *** ERROR => ab_init failed (-1) [thrtAbapEnv. 533]

M  *** ERROR => ThrtAbapEnvInit2 failed (-1) [thxxext.c    527]

M  ***LOG R19=> ThInit, ThStartUp2 ( RUNT-000001) [thxxhead.c   1333]

M  in_ThErrHandle: 1

M  *** ERROR => ThInit: ThStartUp2 (step TH_INIT, thRc ERROR-CORE-INTERNAL_ERROR, action STOP_WP, level 1) [thxxhead.c   2453]

The current kernel which is being used is with version 742, which cannot be used by a SAP_BASIS 700 system.

Apart from note 1969546 by mentioned my colleague, you may also check Product Availability Matrix on:

https://support.sap.com/release-upgrade-maintenance/pam.html

Regards,

Raquel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nelson,

Can you please try EXT version of kernel upgrade?

Thanks
Arjun

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Observation: before trying the EXT version of the kernel, confirm that it is supported for your environment at the SAP Product Availability Matrix.

Answers (0)