cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial activation of document splitting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus:

We activated the document splitting just for a new company that has been bought. We had to do it because its accounting is based on different Profit Centers, and when paying documents with document currency different from local currency, when registering differences on exchange rates, F110 program was not able to allocate the exact cost center, based on the Profit center on the document to be paid.

System worked OK, with the activation of the Document Splitting, just for that company (we didn´t need to activate it for the reest, and besides, it was an unnecessary risk)

However, we have discovered that when registering intercompany logistics documents between the new company and the rest of the Group, there is a clear error pointing to the Document Splitting:

FAGL_LEDGER_CUST001 - Document Splitting is only activated partially in companies selected.

We will go-LIVE with the new conmpany in 2 weeks, so we are still able to delete the document splitting for the new company. Like this, intercompany documents work fine.

My questions are:

Is SAP unable to work fine in this scenario?, I mean: some companies without the activation done, and others with document splitting activated

Isn´t there something we could do in this scenario so that intercompany documents could be registered? Scenario: just new company with document splitting activated, and the rest (alreaing running in LIVE system) not activated.

And, if we delete the document splitting (so everything works fine), how could I allocate the correct cost center of the OKB9 (based on profit centers) for posting the risk of the exchange rate when paying through F110 documents where document currency is different from local currency? Validations, Substitutions?

Please, any suggestions or experience would be very appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

1. Is SAP unable to work fine in this scenario? - Read note 2286553

2. how could I allocate the correct cost center of the OKB9 - I didn't catch what it the issue? Can you describe, ideally with example

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey,

I am very nervious...you can imagine....

1. Thanks for the note. So, may I understand that with that correction implementation, the documents can be posted but they could not be paid, that is, cleared? Is there anything else to do with the note, to be able to clear (pay) the document of the company with Document Splitting activated?

2. For the new company to GO-LIVE in 2 weeks, the cost centres to allocate in GL accounts of risk exchange (when paying a document whose currency differs from local currency), depend on different profit centres, within transaction OKB9. If we actavate the document splitting, system is able to look in tranx. OKB9 and find out the cost centre to allocate in those specific GL accounts (depending on the profit centre of the open ítem).

If we don´t activate the Document Splitting, system is unable to allocate a cost centre in those gl accounts (risks: benefit or loose, because of exchange rate), and stops at proposal. Unless we activate the DS.

If we shoudn´t activate the DS, how could I do a work around?

THANKS!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you mean that you want to allocate e.g. ex. rate differences wise 'original' cost center (from invoice)? And why you can't post payments without DS?

Regarding intercompany -  do you have open items in such documents? If yes, then you can't post them, because you will not be able to clear them.

If you don't have open items in these docs, then possible solution it's to deactivate error message, but it's for your own risk.

Any way, all changes with DS are critical, and I don't recommend to do them. the best way  - write an OSS message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey.

Current scenario: 6 companies without using DS. And a GO-Live in 2 weeks with 2 companies that require DS, because Exchange risks depend on different profit centres. When using F110 to pay them, the only way that system is able to look at OKB9 and find out by profit centre the cost center for the risk gl accounts (for the GL account that allocates the risk of Exchange), is using DS.

Issue with intercompany MM. Each of the 6 companies may sell/buy materials to the new companies. When processing the MM intercompany document, we find out the error described. As I understand (correct me if I am wrong), with the note you game me, it is possible to delete the error message and finally post the intercom. document. Am I right? So the note would be useless....

However, I won´t be able to pay (yes we have open items) because the document posted for one of the 2 new company codes, will have the DS activated....in case the payment has to be done in a document currency that differs from the local one, because that document is not containing splitting. That is?

I can assure you that system is not able to pay using the customized risk gl accounts because of Exchange rate, if in OKB9 you base the allocation of cost centres in the risk accounts BY PROFIT CENTRE, unless you actívate the DS.

That´s why I ask you, if you can imagine a work around to pay those documents, without activating DS.....

MANY THANKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, anyway I couldn't understand 's able to look at OKB9 and find out by profit centre the cost center for the risk gl accounts'. DS does nothing with OKB9.

If you post example with postings it will be easier to understand what you mean.

'I can assure you that system is not able to pay using the customized risk gl accounts because of Exchange rate'  -what the error do you have? How other customers you think live without DS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey,

Yes, DS has to do with OKB9, if the table distributes cost centres by profit centre.

Let me show you an example of invoice: (with DS activated)

Company Code 6000, runs under GBP currency (document is in EUR, and there is a risk of Exchange rate in the payment):

Invoice:

Payment through F110:

OKB9 detail for gl account 768000:

Part I:

Part II:

By this, you see that when DS is activated, system knows which Profit Center search for (in OKB9), and selects the exact cost center to allocate inside 768000 (GL account for risk of Exchange rate).

Now, if you DEACTIVATE DS, F110 gets stuck, and you won´t be able to pay these kind of documents, UNLESS you use a unique cost center inside gl account 768000 (you can see the image of Part I of the OKB9). In the column next to the gl account, you can insert a fixed cost center, but it will not changed depending on the profit center of the document to be paid. It will be always the same cost center.

Do you understand?

Would it be any possibility, any work around, to get the functionality I need (cost centre depends on profit center and is not a fixed value), without using DS?

MAny thanks for your interest and your valuable hints.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DS doesn't work with OKB9.

May be the issue that you create OKB9 based on original document(invoice), and system unable to derive this PC without DS?

Do you have only 1 PC in invoice? Or it could be more?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey...

No...I don´t actually know if OKB9 Works with DS: but believe me it works finding out the cost center for the profit center only when DS is activated, because the invoice splits the profit center you see in one gl account at vendor position (that is the DS functionality) when it is going to be paid. I mean, I haven´t insert a profit center at vendor position: but as DS is activated system replicates the profit center at all the positions of the document!.

So, at the proposal the vendor has a profit center, so the payment run can select the appropriate cost center for that profit center (based on OKB9, of course).

So, because of this I've told you, I was thinking to test inserting specifically a profit center at the vendor position in the invoice (to test if without the DS activated, system is able to work with the OKB9), but I don´t know how to see the field at entru document!!!...I have activated the field at status field (at reconcilation account) and also at accounting key field but I cannot see the field when entering an FI invoice!!!.....do you know what else I can touch in customizing to see the profit centre field when entering a document at vendor position?

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

First paragraph you wrote that's exactly what I have written before.

So, just for clarification, DS does nothing with OKB9 ,and contrary.

You can't rid of DS in this case (it's only possible if you have unique PC wise invoice!).

You can't put(and see in Entry view!) PC in reconciliation account (only in special cases with Special GL indicator), it's standard behavior. But you can see PC in New GL View(of cause if DS worked correctly)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey,

So, it is clear for me that when I activate DS, payments allocate the amount of the Exchange risk correctly in its profit center, and by extension, also to the correct cost center (pointed in the proft center). I tested it many times. You´ve seen it, too.

It is clear for me that, we cannot have different settings in DS for different companies in a unique environment. What I mean is, that we cannot activate DS for those new companies, maintaining DS not activated for other companies already running. This causes errors in MM intercompany documents, as stated in the recent note published last month by SAP (you told me the note).

Consequence---> DS will not be activated

The problem then, is moved to those payments under document currency different from local currency--> system will be unable to allocate in the payment run the exact profit center to allocate in those Exchange risk GL accounts, UNLESS I PUT A FIXED COST CENTER, next to the gl account. In this last case, at least, payments will be done, although Exchange risks amounts will be allocated always in ONE PROFIT CENTER & ONE COST CENTRE, although sometimes they may belong to another profit center.

You tell me as well, that in the invoice document, there is a standard behaviour in which you are unable to insert a profit center at the vendor position in the invoice document, in entry view. So this is only possible when DS is activated (correctly), and it is seen at New Ledger view.

So--->  we have a meeting this afternoon with client, to pose all the above reasoning, and we are going to tell them that the best thing to do at this point (we are at cutover with many things in hand), is to leave those accounts with a fixed PC and COST CENTER. It is the best way to assure payments and intercompany MM documents--> not activating DS and one fixed cost center for those gl accounts at OKB9, not depending from PC.

Do you agree with all my reasoning? I think it is the best thing to do now.

Do you think that we will be unable to allocate correctly the amounts by profit center after the GO-LIVE, without activating DS? I mean, I understand from your words, that what we pretended is imposible without activating DS....

We could prepare (after GO-LIVE) a custom report so they could know the amounts that should be correctly inside each profit center, so they could manually do an allocation by profit center...

I wait for your advice....

Thanks once more

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I think that activation DS only for populate PC and cost center to ex. rate diff. account it's a waste of time and money. And DS it's big deal. But it's my vision.

As an otption you can write an exit for this, of cause it will not allocate amount wise PCs and CCs so accurate as DS, but you could choose most "significant" PC and CC in this case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey,

I think you are completely right.

Let me tell you our client has tested most of the processes in Test Box, with the DS flag activated, just a mínimum setting of the DS implementation  to allocate payments by profit center as I explained you.

Now, this is the situation: we thought DS was going on to LIVE system, so it has been transported the activation (no documents at all have been posted,in those 2 companies, just some master records: chart o accounts, cost centers...etc.).

As I am in time to DEACTIVATE DS before the GO-LIVE and we might do so in fact, do you think that it is a big risk if most of the processes have been tested with the activation flag clicked, and now we go LIVE without DS?....I mean, I am not expecting any functioning problems by DEACTIVATING DS in LIVE, but my client is reluctant...

What can you tell me about it?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, deactivation it's a risk(without testing).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again, Aleksey,

Yes, our client thinks the same. In addition, DS activated has proved good work while allocating correctly in different profit centers the risk at payments of Exchange rates....I tell you that without DS activated, it does not work  (if you have a CO structure by more than one PC as we have)

What´s more, it works fine allocating revaluations at the end of month in correct profit centers....

All the testting (most of it...) has been done with the flag activated....

So, everything indicates we will mantain it activated in LIVE...

Aleksey....what I did when activating the DS it looked  very simple to me....just activating the flag for the companies target and 2 or 3 setting more.....it was simple....a

But I understand that DS can be deepened, as for example, I have proved that when I had to pay a document with more than one PC, although DS is activated, it does not work in the payment run (when there is a risk of exch. rate). However, we will not have this case.....

I mean, I have done a mínimum settings for the te DS......

Regards

Answers (0)