cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP FIORI MyInbox Approve/Reject buttons doesn't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I did all the configurations related to SAP FIORI My Inbox , every thing working as expected except Approve /Reject Buttons.

I have a work item which has decision boxes like Approve/Reject . As per the help document , I have completed Maintain Task Names and Decision Options , now I can see the Approve in Green , Reject in yellow  for selected work item  but When I click on Approve button nothing happens. The button seems to me there is no action triggering when I click on it.

Is there any configuration I am missing here other then the details provided from the below link? I have followed all the steps as per the link from SAP.

http://help.sap.com/fiori_bs2013/helpdata/en/41/fd595461fce630e10000000a44538d/content.htm

Thanks

Krishna

former_member730500
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna - We understand this is 4 years old post. Can you please help, how did you resolve this issue. We are facing the exact issue for PR Approval via My Inbox. Nothing happens after Submit Button.

Can you please help.

Raju.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Krish

a) Your system alias is ok - otherwise the work items would not be read at all

b) Your user decisions are default - they are sending the correct message

The error logs you are seeing suggest a few possibilities:

1. Someone has attempted to extend the Task Gateway OData Service

2. Someone has coded and activated the BADI for Custom Attributes for the Unified Inbox

3. There is a SAP Note missing - please make sure you have implemented all the notes listed for your IW_PGW version in http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2221151

4. There is a bug... since you are on the latest support pack this is also a possibility.

So suggest you:

* Check it's not 1 or 2.. if it's this undo or deactivate whatever has been done and try again

* Check you have the notes implemented as per 3

* If that still doesn't fix it raise a SAP Support Message

Rgds,

Jocelyn

giannisolomita
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn

We are facing the same issue. Standard WF for PO-Approval works fine. If we copy the standard workflow scenario the workitem is appearing in the inbox but nothing happens when clicking approve/reject.

Event linkage done and decission options implemented. Is there any necessary config missing?

Thanks for you help & BR.

Gianni

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Ylse
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hola buenas tardes,

Alguno pudo resolver este error.. gracias!!!

roger_sainsbury
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

We've got exactly the same problem. In our case we do have the BAdI implemented, but when the user clicks either of these buttons the BAdI doesn't get called, but also the popup itself doesn't close. For that reason I wonder if it might be a defect in the app - we've raised an incident accordingly. It may be worth you doing the same.

Roger

roger_sainsbury
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

We have hopefully fixed our problem by applying SAP Note 2291570. Our BadI implementation is now called as expected. It may solve your problem too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Applied this note 2291570 as suggested , now Mass Approval , Approve/Reject button works but the when we launch the work item getting an error stating that "FPM Application started with out configuration" , some how the My Inbox after applying the note Open Task got broke it is not launching the GUI FOr HTML view.

Thanks

Krishna

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Meanwhile also check if all the respective notes have been installed. Provide the component levels too; UIX01CA1, and IWPGW

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Here is the screenshot of my GW server components and We have pretty much latest looks to me

Thanks

Krish

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also did you checked, if there were any notes required on top of iw_pgw 08 component.

Regards,

Tejas

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Is the system alias configuration correct ?

For My Inbox : software version is /iwpgw/bwf. (I know its not related to the issue, but just a check)

Also try checking the roles are proper. Rest if it is user decision, it shd work ideally.

Regards,

Tejas

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

The document says,

"If the step type for the workflow task is not User Decision, implement BAdI /IWWRK/BADI_WF_BEFORE_UPD_IB".

Do you use user decision task?

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Yes, it is user decision task at step 4 for approval scenario.

Thanks

Krishna

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

If it is a user decision the answer buttons are configured by default.

You only need to include the configuration if you want to assign the green (positive) and red (negative) colours.

When doing that you must make sure you are configuring against the correct decision key that matches the button text.

I suspect what has happened is that your decision key is not matching the button text.

Try removing your decision key configuration and just using the default behaviour.

If that works you can need to confirm which decision key is which for your config.

It is always a number - you can run function module SAP_WAPI_DECISION_READ against a work item of your user decision to check the decision values key values - it's the list returned in the parameter ALTERNATIVES

Rgds

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

Thanks for your reply.

For now the Approve/Reject functionality is high priority rather than colors on the buttons so as you suggested I have removed the decision keys related configurations. The default I can see the following buttons.

Skip Approval, Release, Forward, Suspend, Open task working ok except Approve/Reject.

When I run the RFC and the below is the output:

ALTK ALTTEXT

0001 Approve

0002 Reject

0003 Skip Approval

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any input or any sap note should apply to fix this issue?

Thanks

Krish

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Please check the network tab of Chrome developer tools and find any OData service is called or not.

Regards,

Masa / SAP technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Here is the screenshot from F12.

Thanks

Krish

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

The log gives you a hint for troubleshooting. Check related short dump in the transaction ST22.

If there is no short dump, go to /IWFND/ERROR_LOG and find the call stack. Set external breakpoints and debug.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG