Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

information on TO BE DELIVERED messages

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear freinds,

I have a situation in production where I have to restart the Java stack in PI 7.4.    I have JMS, File, IDOC, SOAP,   scenarios.

I am worried about JMS messages which are processing.  Due to the message stuck on HOLDING & DELIVERING and massive TO BE DELIVERED i have to restart the Java server.

During the situation I would like to know after the restart how will the messages behave,  will I loose any delivery of the messages ?   Last time we did a restart though the message in the adapter message overview showed delivered there were many messages that were missed. Is this possible ?  Does restart will have any impact on JMS queue that are currently processing.

Thanks in advance for any inputs and guidance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

Since you are on PI 7.4, have you tried to just stop start the channels related to the blocked threads to release the hanging threads, instead of restarting the whole server?

Note that if you are using ICO, the thread is processed on the sender side, i.e. for sender SOAP to receiver JDBC, you need to stop/start the sender SOAP channel for that particular scenario.

Regards

Eng Swee

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

check the below link and check if it works

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu for the link. I have infact taken care of those list. 

My question is more related to How will the current processing messages would act if I restart the server. How will they behave different status during the restart.  Will there be any chance of loosing any message delivery ?

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

If you restart messages will be delivered in some cases.

For sure no messages will get lost.might be some messages will be still on hold ,But loosing no ways.