cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to paste in discussions

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I compose questions in discussions, I am unable to paste text into the body of the message.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Write the text directly in SCN, why writing it somewhere else first?

Try a different browser if you have this opportunity. It is unfortunately so that not all browser work well with the current forum platform, I have no issue pasting text using Chrome.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like the option to paste text because I post formulas in the Crystal Reports forum, and would prefer not to retype all of that material.

My browser is Internet Explorer 11. 

Why wouldn't IE be compatible?

Just wondering if there is something besides installing Chrome to make this work. 

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It works just fine for me in Firefox ESR 45.0.1 and PaleMoon 26.2.1. TOR browser should also cause no issues - as it is also based on Firefox ESR.

For IE11 ctrl+v does not work in the default editor, I agree.

For the HTML editor it is still possible to copy/paste in IE11 and then to switch to the default editor.

Is there absolutely no option for you to use a different browser?

There are also portable browser versions available - if you are unable or unwilling to install them as applications. If you give the portable browsers a chance, you might even like them better than IE.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you might want to cross check if solutions given in earlier replies to the same type of discussion could help you. Unfortunately the poster had not marked the answer as correct but another one said it worked:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Veselina!

Using the HTML editor allows pasting in IE11.  This will work for my purposes!

I need this on my work computer, which only allows use of the IE11 browser.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link, Jurgen! I had multitude of problems with IE11 on SCN. Will see if changing that setting helps. I use FF most of the time, but IE is set as a default corporate browser and is easier to use for some quick replies.

Answers (0)