cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am working on DMS implementation project.

I need to migrate DMS Documents with attachments from one system to another system.

I have about 100000 documents to be migrated.

can i use ALE method for all ? If it is possible, can you please guide me how to do that?

If it is not possible with ALE method, is there any other method????

Can you please help me with detailed methodology?

I would be thankful if you can guide me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ameya_beri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

In case you are migrating from one SAP system to another SAP system you could go for ALE method, which is a standard and easy way to setup.

Transaction BD31 is available to generate DOCMAS Idoc which you can post in your target system.

If it is non SAP to SAP then you could create a custom program for document migration.

Hope this helps, if not please clarify your requirement in detail.

Best Regards,

Ameya B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya

Thanks for your reply.

It is from SAP to SAP only. I know we have ALE method for migration, but Can we use this method for mass documents ??? i.e 100000 Documents.

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks in advance.

ameya_beri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

Yes I have done ALE migrations having more than 2 lakh objects. It took me a few days .

ALE is very simple to setup as well. You could use the standard DOCMAS.

Do you have a content server for your originals ? Please see this SAP note, 1027056 - ALE-ContentServer Scenarios related to DMS migrations.

I would suggest you migrate them in batches starting with a batch of size X and then gradually increasing the batch size. Example you could first migrate 10000 documents then 20000 and so on.

It is suggested you do this on weekends or non working days so as to avoid any unnecessary load and slow down the SAP server. As a best practice you could ask your BASIS consultant to monitor the system load when you are doing migration and inform you if there is any problem.

Hope this clarifies.

Best Regards,

Ameya B.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rodrigo_arai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi K BALAJI You can use the SAP ABAP Program: DMS_RELOCATE_CONTENT. Best Regards from Brazil.   Rodrigo