Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender FCC parameters to skip unwanted records

former_member460664
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My interface is File to IDoc. Sender file contains lot of rows. Each row having its unique identifier. I don't want to read all the rows one by one. I want to read specific rows wherever occurs in the file. I want to skip unwanted rows. Is this possible in File Content Conversion?

Regards,

Ashok.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

You can skip the unwanted rows by just ignoring the unique identifier (keyFieldValue) in FCC configuration -- channel will skip rows whose identifier is not configured as keyFieldValue.

Regards,

Hailong

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

As Eng said, please provide a sample file . It will be more clear whether standard FCC can handle that or you need to go for alternatives.

Thanks,

Apu

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you provide a sample file where you have both wanted and unwanted rows? Preferably it's an actual sample than a mock up one.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

I agree with Rahu, you can't add any complex logic in the FCC, you have to do it in mapping. Also, you can talk with the developers that are generating that file to skip the unwanted fields. Another way is that you can do your own module bean to deal with these files, but in my opinion it would be very complex.

Regards.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok,

I dont think this can be handled at FCC level.

Why don't you get the XML in PI mapping then remove the required rows.